Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RACE WEEKEND FOR NEW TEAM

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

A few of you know who I am (jonny v, degsy, jay) and since Gordo (who i met at the track this weekend) did a report on his success i thought why not do one for us too. As you all know it was extremly damp this past weekend but that didnt stop us from getting 8 podium finishes out 11 total races entered.
    Jay did his rookie race and passed but he had to do it on Heaths bike since Jays bike was smoking like a locomotive. Then he entered the LWSS race on Heaths bike with me and we pulled off a 2,3 finish. Jay beat me (bad) but in my defense he was on rain tires and i was on DOTs and on a track ive never seen before not to mention im from AZ and it doesnt rain much there(especially on race day)
    Dan had a little mishap in his first race (HWSS), falling down in turn 2 only to pick it up and be STUCK in 2nd gear this didnt stop him from finishing 4th. He came back the next day and got 2nd in GTO but then got 7th in HWSB and then finished the day with a 2nd in F40. Dan was struggling with fading rain tires all weekend and the rapidly drying track on Sunday left with no time and no choice but to run a rain on the front and a DOT on the rear.
    Jim was hesitant all weekend to go on the track with old DOTs but when the track dried on Sunday he finished right behind Dan in F40 and grabbed a 3rd
    Heath was in race 13 on Sat. with 2 other classes. He was in Super Singles (even though Heath is single he isnt very super )
    and out there with Prod. Twins and ULSB And smoked everyone in the rain and won by over a minute. I think he even lapped one NESR member Heath was very sick Sunday with a temp of 103 and didnt race.
    I had an interesting weekend. Ihad to learn a new track.....in the rain.....with DOTs on. Bring it on!! Started Sat.finishing 3rd in LWSS with Jay like i said but that was it until Sunday. Sun. brought more of the same. RAIN. but in race 3, GTL, i pulled off a 3rd in that also only being beat by poeple on rain tires. I didnt have another race until race 11, Thunderbike, so i sat around and enjoyed racing for a few hours. I told everyone that if i had a dry track i think i could do better and then the sunshine gods answered my prayers in race 6. The track dried rapidly but everytime someone crashed in turn 2 water would get knocked out of the tire barriers and onto the track. After race 7 the track crew decided to dump the wter out of the tires and sweep the track to try and dry turn 2. This worked out great for me because by the time my race came the track was 98% dry and while poeple scrambled to change tires , I was ready to go. I was out there with Dan and Jim (they were in F40) also with LWF40 and LWSB. I started 3rd row (right behind Dan) and when the green flew...i was gone. Let me stop and say that the one thing that i can brag about is my starts. Every race this weekend I was 1st or 2nd into turn 1 no matter where i started from. after squeezing between Dan and the cones i was 2nd into turn 1 behind GSXR 750. I followed him for a lap and passed him into turn 3 he passed me in 4 and then i passed him again in 6 and i never looked back until i got the checkered winning by over 13 seconds against much bigger bikes. very cool for me. hopefully our good streak will continue and we will try to post results if anyone cares. I think we did exceptionally well considering the conditions. We will see what happens on a nice weekend when everyone shows up to race. Stop by and say hi if you are there and congrats to Gordo on your first win.....i know how you feel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

nice Brian

Great write-up Brian....

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Congrats man...that's awesome.
    Good write-up, and it was good to meet you.