Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I got my new racebike

Cool I got my new racebike

I went to the bank at lunch ad picked up my future race bike after work today It's a 2000 YZ 426 in prestine condition

I'll be spending some evenings starting the safty wire thingy and regreesing all the seals and bearings.
    If anyone has seen any motard wheels for sale for a 426, please let me know.
    I'm hoping to "maybe" have something ready for penguin school on the last raceweekend and at least get the rookie race out of the way It'll all depend how fast i can come up with a set of wheels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

I got my new racebike

check here markmotard wheels

'04 600RR

I got my new racebike

Mark, keep an eye on the Thumpertalk forums,motard wheels pop up for sale from time to time.I've heard good things about Motomaster for wheels and brakes also.From walking around the pits last race weekend, 15-38 seems to be the preferred gearing for the YZ.If you're not in a hurry for wheels, the cheapest option is to buy stock hubs,pivot works bearing kits, and send them to Buchannans . Silver Excel rims, stainless spokes and plated nipples [huh huh, I said nipples] are the least expensive parts.If you want to swap wheels don't forget stuff like sprocket and rotor bolts and nuts.If you go to trackday tuesday I'll let you try mine.

I got my new racebike

Hey thanks for the help Idiotboy, i'm sure i'll be asking you a ton of questions tomorrow at Rocktober mountain.
    There is a wheel and brake setup on thumpertalk.com for sale now for $1500? Complete hubs, wheels and tires ready to bolt on with the 320mm disc and a 4 piston calliper with the relocation bracket.
    I want to keep the stock wheels as is just in case i ever want to go for a dirt ride with it. Getting a setup like this would work best for me, i could be ready for at least a trackday or maybe even the last race weekend
    Thanks for the offer on trying out your bike but can't make it to the trackday, work has been crazy the past few weeks

Yamaha

I got my new racebike

I got a return PM from the guy on thumpertalk saying the wheels sold within a few hours of him posting them

Anyway, i did some shopping tonight and ordered up a new set of excell gold super motard wheels complete, just need to add tires, then bolt them to the bike
    Starting to get just a little excited now

Yamaha

I got my new racebike

Mark, I'm gonna have a few questions over the winter for you.

I want a road registerable version of this! I 've been talking about it for sometime now. Maybe replace or supplement the 929??

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

I got my new racebike

Todd, start saving, it's costly I still want to be able to swap a set of wheels and maybe use it for a dirtride or two as well so that's driving the price up a bit for me.
    I started out figuring $4,500 total to get a bike and set it up, it's looking like i'll be a few hundred over that

2000 YZ 426 $2,500
    Motomaster Excell complete wheel kit (gold hubs and rims) $1,050
    MotoMaster "race" brake kit $500 (includes a 2 piston calliper, calliper relocation bracket, brake pads, and 320mm front disk)
    Chain, front, and rear sprockets $150 (i got a 14 and 15 countershaft and have the 13 that was on the bike)
    Pilot H2 race tires $245 (front and rear)

Total so far? $4,445

I still need tire tubes, have the tires mounted, maybe a clutch, and ALOT of time
    Nickle and dime type stuff i'm sure will add up fast

Yamaha

I got my new racebike

what size rims and tires are you goin for....?

Price seems reasonable..... to me... If your done by the last race weekend.... Do you think I could take it for a little scoot? I would like to ride it before I sink some dough!

Thanks for info!

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

I got my new racebike

Front rim is 3.5 x 17 with a 120/60/17 tire.
    Rear rim is 4.25 x 17 with a 150/60/17 tire.

Yes, if i'm done you can take it for a spin. I'll bring it up either way (if it's done) to the last race weekend but i'm undecided if i'll race that weekend or do a trackday first to test it out?

Yamaha

Cool Just a little update

The bike is starting to go back together now I tore it down to the bare frame, cleaning every nut, bolt, fastener, part, that came off the bike. All the suspension linkage and hardware were cleaned greesed before reassembly. Cleaned and regreesed the steering head bearings as well.
    It's pretty much all back together except for the wheels and brakes

I "should" have the wheels and brakes by this Friday. I have the tires and my local dealer says they have the tube size i need.
    The sprockets i have but the chain has not been bought yet. I need to fit the sprockets so i can see how many link chain i need.

I'm going to do the trackday on the 23rd rather than do the last race weekend. After talking with a few friends, it seems to be to smarter, safer thing to do seeings how the bike will be new to me. Obviously there are financial reasons as well, with this project and just purchasing the YFZ450, i'm finding myself working way more than i want to to pay for this stuff

Yamaha

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

I got my new racebike

I can't wait to see ya out there Mark...motard bikes look like a lot of fun to ride.