Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

racebike testing (kinda)

racebike testing (kinda)

anyone know of a large parking lot near marlboro ma that could be used on a weekend to give a racebike a shakedown?

...not looking to go nuts, just a 20min ride to ensure it's all working properly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

Re: racebike testing (kinda)

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    anyone know of a large parking lot near marlboro ma that could be used on a weekend to give a racebike a shakedown?

...not looking to go nuts, just a 20min ride to ensure it's all working properly.
    target on donald lynch blvd. you could also use the mall right up the road but the little security guys might give you shit.

I'll quit before I fail. Scotty_J's Avatar

There's a couple of office parks a bit down the road from the mall that are dead empty on the weekends; used to take the wife there so she could practice on her Kawi.

The Shrewsbury High School parking lots have been known to provide some cheap thrills...

Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    The Shrewsbury High School parking lots have been known to provide some cheap thrills...
    looks like I found my new hang out

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Awesome. Thx.

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Wait a minute. I was under the impression that the procedure was to just assemble the parts and find out what's wrong during the first race on it. No??

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Wait a minute. I was under the impression that the procedure was to just assemble the parts and find out what's wrong during the first race on it. No??
    Test and Tune on Thursday is cheaper than a ticket.

Banned

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    looks like I found my new hang out
    can't jerk off at home anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    can't jerk off at home anymore?
    i'm sure someone will need a prom date

EX 105

Make sure it's a private way and you will have more of an argument when it comes time to explain what you're doing there.

If there is a vending machine, atm, ect. in a parking lot after hours, it will still count as a public way and not just a way.

Don't forget, although your hawk sounds completely awesome, it is very loud.

Also don't forget that you cannot verify jetting or handling by testing anywhere but on the track. What works at regular speeds may not work under track loads.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_J View Post
    There's a couple of office parks a bit down the road from the mall that are dead empty on the weekends; used to take the wife there so she could practice on her Kawi.
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    I'd be really careful about the office park unless you have permission from someone. Does anyone know if vehicle codes are enforcable in MA on private property?

Any public lot like a HS is a bad idea: it's not private property and it's conceivable you could be cited for unregistered, uninsured, etc etc.

Come winter, there are hardly any good places to cut donuts in the snow, anymore.

garandman = buzz kill of the year

EX 105

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I'd be really careful about the office park unless you have permission from someone. Does anyone know if vehicle codes are enforcable in MA on private property?

Any public lot like a HS is a bad idea: it's not private property and it's conceivable you could be cited for unregistered, uninsured, etc etc.

Come winter, there are hardly any good places to cut donuts in the snow, anymore.
    as far as I know if its private property you should be fine unless the owners call the cops and say you are trespassing. driving/traffic laws don't apply. we have warehouse guys at work that drive the trucks in the parking lot but aren't licensed to drive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    garandman = buzz kill of the year
    I "practice" in the parking lot at work, but I have permission.

I've heard of several guys getting tickets for cutting donuts in parking lots after snow storms.

There are plenty of parking lots you can do damn near anything you want in, just gotta find the right ones and not stay there for a long period of time.

How the hell do people get caught and ticketed for that? I got stuck on the snow mounds in a mall parking lot cause I was driving over them and left my truck there over night and nothing happened. Some people have shitty luck. lol

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

as far as I know if its private property you should be fine unless the owners call the cops and say you are trespassing. driving/traffic laws don't apply. we have warehouse guys at work that drive the trucks in the parking lot but aren't licensed to drive them.
    Don't know about where you are, but I know twice, I've been in industrial/commercial parks trying to teach someone to drive stick, and they have cameras/loudspeakers on the buildings for remote surveilance. This was on a weekend mind you. Funniest damn thing though, being in an otherwise empty parking lot hearing a voice coming over a loudspeaker "Attention motorist, you are on private property, please leave immediately..."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
    Don't know about where you are, but I know twice, I've been in industrial/commercial parks trying to teach someone to drive stick, and they have cameras/loudspeakers on the buildings for remote surveilance. This was on a weekend mind you. Funniest damn thing though, being in an otherwise empty parking lot hearing a voice coming over a loudspeaker "Attention motorist, you are on private property, please leave immediately..."
    just like I said, you were trespassing. had nothing to do with a driving law.

just like I said, you were trespassing. had nothing to do with a driving law.
    Yea I was just saying you could get the boot nonetheless.

I remember meeting a group of Subaru enthusiasts one snowy winter night up in the Durham, NH area years ago. We proceeded to make an entire industrial park our personal rally course....imagine 7 turbo-cars ripping in a snow storm, full rally style. Cops showed up about an hour or so later and basically told us to cut the crap and go home.

The place I just moved from was adjacent to an industrial park. We had some pit bike mania going on in one of the business lots one weekend day. Officers drove right by like nothing. Same thing when I was "testing" my 600 after the refresh.

I'd say as long as you have some kind of riding gear during these events you should be just fine unless the property owner complains.