What a day.
Absolutely pouring, flooded track. Rivers in the turns. Am I sane? Apparently not!

I was a bit skeptical about even going out there- No rain tires, just the pilot power street tires. Missed the 1st practice session. Headed out for the second and suprisingly got decent grip on the tires. That boosted my spirits a bit.

Waited around for race #9.
The race:
Get a decent start only to see a waving yellow in 1a, a rider in the first wave crashed in 2 and then Conor crashed as well- his ex500 hit the other downed bike putting a nice dent in his gas tank and rendering it useless. Red Flag.
Re-start.
Get a decent start again and settle in behind Tom Joyce (Conor's dad). All the motards in our class take off and leave us behind. Tom was pulling away from me a little each lap (he did have full rain tires). I decide to see what these pilot powers can do. Put my head down and start riding the wheels of that ex500. Turn 10 is just nuts, the standing water reaked havoc with the front end if you went in with any lean angle at all. I start catching Tom, on the last lap he gets behind some lapped traffic in turn 11. I decide to make my move in 12. Come out on the outside of him, leaning, leaning, leaning, ummm. who put that pavement there. Like a slip and slide I slide about 100 feet before coming to a stop. Jump up, get to the airfence and proceed to punch the shit out of it. I just crashed in the last turn on the last lap!!!!
Cornerworker runs over and asks me if I want to take the checkered? Umm, Hell yes! Pick the bike up and cross the finish. It turns out that Tom and I were the last riders on the track, The winner of the class got the checkered flag on lap7 as soon as Tom and I had crossed the line. So everyone behind us had pitted in. So that left me in 6th place(out of 13). I'll take it!!! no DNF this weekend. =)
Oh yeah, and I ran a 1:49.02. On freakin street tires. I'm happy about that. All in all a good day. I did head home last night since I really did not want to sit around in the rain waiting for race #14 today, but as it turns out races were cancelled anyways.