Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Racing insurance for rider, sponsors, and bikes! any experience with this

Racing insurance for rider, sponsors, and bikes! any experience with this

Ok so i am going to my place of employment to ask for a small sponsorship for racing. I'm not fast, don't see podiums, but i'm smart enough to try to sell them a moving billboard ie advertizing on my truck, bike, and bike carrier. Knowing how this company likes insurance on their investments i began looking for insurance on the carrier and bikes. typed "racing insurance" in google and found this.

http://www.kandkinsurance.com/Motors...Documents.aspx

Now this site offers insurance not only for the bikes, and trailers off track but also on track as well as riders insurance.

MY QUESTION's
    1. Does anyone have experiance with this type of insurance?
    2. Are there other companies that off this type of insurance?
    3. Is the cost so dramatic that its only for the big boy's, or is it an affordable expense for club racers?

Please your thoughts and opinions on this.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS AM# 240
    Sponsored by: Smoke Shack Southern BBQ - StreetAndComp.com - AXO - Woodcraft

Re: Racing insurance for rider, sponsors, and bikes! any experience with this

Looking at the programs, it appears to be geared for 'commercial' racing and not part timer/club guys like us?

http://www.ridersurance.com/

The owner, Brandon Parrish, is a former road racer.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

K and K is about the only game in town for insuring motorsports events. A $5 Million policy for an event at loudon is about $1400.00 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    http://www.ridersurance.com/

The owner, Brandon Parrish, is a former road racer.
    Thank you a ton for that link!

LRRS/CCS AM# 240
    Sponsored by: Smoke Shack Southern BBQ - StreetAndComp.com - AXO - Woodcraft

Trailers are easy to insure (though typically not against theft), talk to your current auto insurance agent/company about that.

The bike you might be able to cover under a comp policy against theft or acts of god but I'd be surprised if there are any "affordable" insurance options for on track. That said, 21st century DOES offer, IN WRITING, coverage for motorcycles used at a track day. However, I believe they specifically exclude racing from the coverage.

As for yourself, a good place to start would be your current health insurance agent/company. Read your policy thoroughly for anything that excludes racing, or refers to other sorts of "dangerous/risky" activities. If it's not there, talk to an agent and tell them you're thinking about getting into racing and want to know if you'll be covered. If they say yes, GET IT IN WRITING. If they say no, the think bergs posted looks like a good follow up.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get everything in writing from your insurance company. I've had agents tell me, to my face, in simple language with no disclaimers that I had coverage for something only to discover that I didn't when I needed that coverage. It cost me a 2 week old, $8000 trailer that I would have gotten a separate policy for except that I was told it was covered under my existing policies. I didn't get it in writing and when i went back to the agent about it the response was "I would never have said that".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Trailer you should be able to do it through your agent, i have on all my work trailers. However its because theyre commercial therefore required in MA to have insurance.

When it comes to the bike why not just register the race bike if you have the title.

Never saw racing insurance so couldnt help you there sorry

CCS #31