Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Rock Page gets reamed for "Ruining the Show" in Ohio

Re: Rock Page gets reamed for "Ruining the Show" in Ohio

Ah, good -- they've cleared it all up.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=37494

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yea, it's exactly as it was before. Which everyone already knew, except for attention-whoring self-promoting riders with a history of pulling this stunt.

Boston --> San Diego

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Should be more clear ..... but somehowwwwwww I am left with 'we intended it to be clearly stated but left a huge hole in the interpretation of the rules so that we may change any intent we want at any time .... Wait ..... What?

seriously, I get it, but .... WTF is that

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Alex .... you sound a little bitter? didn't get a chance to watch the whole race .... was yates gaining significantly enough that JRP F"d the chance for Yates to take the lead? looked like there was a cat and mouse thing going between Josh and Aaron but

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 07-27-09 at 04:56 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Crashing Tomato View Post
    Alex .... you sound a little bitter? didn't get a chance to watch the whole race .... was yates gaining significantly enough that JRP F"d the chance for Yates to take the lead? looked like there was a cat and mouse thing going between Josh and Aaron but
    Yea. That was Yates' race to win no problem. He pulled up to the rear wheel of Hayes pretty easily with 4 laps left, lost ton of ground to JRP, then got right back on Josh's rear wheel as the last lap ran down. Had the JRP thing not happened he had 4 good laps to make the move and was running much better laptimes.

The lap immediately after the JRP incident Yates' ran the fastest lap of the race! (out of everyone). That's mighty impressive and a indication of the state of the bike/tires.

That's racing thou.

PS: I'm not even mad cause it's 'my team' I'm mad as a fan of the sport. It'd have been awesome to have a 4th race winner this year and the first win by a non-factory team in god knows how long. Well 6 races left so maybe we'll get one after-all! Yates has been in fine form in the 2nd half of the year.

Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    I'm mad as a fan of the sport. It'd have been awesome to have a 4th race winner this year and the first win by a non-factory team in god knows how long.
    agreed. i'm a yamaha fan all the way, but it would have been cool to see someone without factory support up there.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    I dunno, after watching that clip I know if I was in his position and hayes got by with yates in tow... and I ended up between them... I'd probably run a corner wider than usual to let yates by. For no other reason than to avoid being "that guy".
    The only problem with that is what happens if he was going around the outside.. I can tell you what happens when people try to "Get out of the way" Just stay where you are, the faster guy will go around.. and if he can't he can't. He will have to find another way around.. The key is be predictable and hold the line you are on... Just my .02

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN226 View Post
    The only problem with that is what happens if he was going around the outside.. I can tell you what happens when people try to "Get out of the way" Just stay where you are, the faster guy will go around.. and if he can't he can't. He will have to find another way around.. The key is be predictable and hold the line you are on... Just my .02
    yea of course.... I don't mean in an erratic or dangerous way, just maybe not getting on the gas as hard as I normally would exiting or something like that to let them by. It seems like he tries racing with Hayes after he gets passed, which is the only thing that I found odd. I know what you're saying though...

Right that makes more sense.. I didn't think you meant erratic, I just don't want anyone to read this thread and get that idea..

G-man

Gerard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345