Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RSP NV #519, july race report

RSP NV #519, july race report

Ok where to begin.....i got to loudon on thursday evening and settled in by helping mike set up power and so on.

Friday

i hem'd and haw'd about doing practice and decided against and got some needed r+r.

Saterday

So i awake after a very peaceful nice of huricane styled weather in which i thought my tent wasnt going to survive the night but, luckily it did. So i skipped early practice and opted to wait out the weather and it paid off as the sky's cleared and the race gods smiled upon us with sunshine.
    Bike felt as good as one can prior to race time. My lap times as always the case in pracitce were slow and inconsistant.

Race 10 LWSB

Nerves kick in per usual on the sighting lap and im all nerves...( i hope this feeling never goes away) Grided, first wave goes i start to rev up the sv and slip the clutch and feel it jerking on the brakes......1 board tips.....tips....tips...GREEN...WOOHOO. Great start number 106 and myslef get a big jump out of the gate, and within 2 laps i pass him and hold the lead and never look back and get a commanding first place finish. Running good lap times in the 1;24's felt great

Race 12 GPL

Ok here we go again....still hot and worked up from race 10 not much rest in between. Ok Lined up in the grid along with team mates keith, and jim, also non team mate but friend brian conner(501), Ok Here we go 2 board, 1 board....tip....tip...tip....GREEN and were off.....Great start with a good jump I go into turn one in 3rd place only behind jane and 106. Jane got an awsome start.
    After 3 laps i pass number 106. I fell good about getting up into 1st when all of a sudden WHAT THE......WHO THE......WTF where the heck did jim come from as he goes railing by me in turn one like i wasnt there. O crap it on now my friend, so i kick it up and put on my game face and begin the chase and i belive it was turn 9 we caught some traffic and i make my move and take back my rightful spot up front and then WTF he does it again in turn 1 right by me SON OF A BITCH... he didnt use his brakes, i tail him again and play the who's gonna brake later in 3 and i almost put jim into the wall and then suddenly #723(i belive thats his num) Frank babuska passes me up the hill and then WTF jim takes me again into the bowl.
    Now in 3rd rounding through 7-12. Up the staright we go and im still in 3rd, Frank makes a move on jim in 1 then i try to capitolize in turn 2 nada jim has to much drive and all i can do is watch him pull so its late brake again into 3, and YES i beat him into 3 again HAHA. Now to catch frank again, round out the bowl and i catch him in 9 were we hit traffic and he hesistaed and i procceded to pass again, and hold first again we all swapped it p again a few more times, and im giving it my all but im getting tired and running out of steam and im missing shifts, dragging my toes and so forth lots of mistakes.

Final turn finish line in sight i got it i got!!!! WAIT WTF just hit my elbow its frank on his motard and were running elbow to elbow (no pun intended here) and we stare each other down to the finish and we both look at each other confused as to who is the winner????

Final result i ran a 1:23:9......Frank ran a 1:23:8....OMG i got 2nd by 1 10th of a second.

i pull into the paddock weezing seeing as i forgot to breath for the last couple turns and spent all of my energy and will power in that race im physically exhuasted and spent, im shakey and almost passed out when i got back to pit.
    I then learned jim crashed out in turn 12 last lap...du'oh this is a race i will not soon forget....thank you jim and frank for some very memorable moments out there.

Sunday

tired from the races i didnt conserve any energy from yesterday im beat.

Race 1 GTL

GReat start until i thought the clutch was all the way out and BAM i hit myself in the gut with the gas tank and wheelie the bike and loose 2 spots into turn 1. I make them up in 3 laps, when frank passes me and i hang in till he starts to pull more every lap DAMN this kid is getting faster, i break off persuit and build a comfortable 2nd place gap and cruise to a some what easy 2nd very uneventfull, still running 23's and 24's

all in all a great weekend had a blast with an awsome race with a good friend The rest of rsp looked good out there minus the mech. problems that plagued the team.

thanks to jay as always couldnt do it without you big guy, bruce for wax job on the bikes and for not burning down the campsite....lol j/k
    Boston moto for your support, Obviously RSP and everyone involved, my g/f Dani for being there for me. Pirreili tires, matt and chris for the pictures ...etc sorry if i missed anyone

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: RSP NV #519, july race report

Brian

Nice job, times are looking good, yo gonna kick my ass
    What grid will you be on next weekend?

I dunno which of you dudes had the weiner dog, but it was about 3 seconds away from being kidnapped at trophys. Fair warning.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno which of you dudes had the weiner dog, but it was about 3 seconds away from being kidnapped at trophys. Fair warning.
    Hahaha... that must have been Desmo... Kevin's dog. He's a good little dude.

Brian, nice report. I almost shit myself to find out that Jim ran that well.

Brian, you're kicking ass as usual!

You send the email yet to bump?