Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Q-starz software license key - missing last 4 digits

Q-starz software license key - missing last 4 digits

So apparently last week when I opened the CD that came with my QStarz LT-Q6000, I ripped off the last 4 digits of the license key and must have tossed it.

Didn't realize it until today b/c I couldn't get the CD to work and finally downloaded the program off the internet.

Anybody have any solutions? I even thought about paying for the software again, but while there's a download link on Qstarz website, I can't find a "buy" link. I emailed Qstarz, but who knows how long it will take them to get back to me and if their instruction manuals are any gauge, their level of english comprehension might make this a painful process.

Does anybody know another software options? Or would anybody be willing to share their license key with me? (If it helps, I'm sure Kumpy would vouch that he just sold the QStarz to me, in person, with a valid license key (in an unopened CD sleeve) this past LRRS round.) Usually these keys work for several installs - in case you re-install your OS or upgrade computers, so your key would still work, and morally/legally I have purchased the software, my license key is just in no-man's land right now. I understand if nobody wants to share but any help would be appreciated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Re: Q-starz software license key - missing last 4 digits

they're actually very good people. I sent my laptimer back in for them to look at (I knew it was destroyed but they wanted to see anyway). the emails were prompt and service was great. sent me a new one at a smoking deal. all while he was setting up a new US office in CA.

they'll give you a new key if you contact them.
    i lost mine and they hooked me up

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Chipper (The Ripper) Hsu at QStarz hooked me up with a new key last night. Got to play around with the system - now I just need to figure out how to use all those cool features....the UI isn't exactly 100% straightforward....

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)