Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status Of NESR Racing...

Status Of NESR Racing...

I know it's sure to get me voted 'most unpopular by resident racers', but...

As Derek & I are no longer actively participating in NESR Racing, we've decided to request that the name 'NESR Racing' NOT be used. Derek & I still own the rights to the name and as such WILL NOT give anyone the rights to the name nor will we be giving permission to use the name. In a word, 'NESR Racing' no longer exists...

Derek & I 'built' NESR Racing from humble beginnings of one rider, one helper/runner/wrench/cook/supporter (and two wives). As we no longer are part of it, we'd prefer not to 'hand the reigns over' and hope that the name we've built continue to operate in the good light we've worked hard to accomplish. We'd rather it leave the ranks of LRRS as is...

'NESR' and 'New England Streetriders' are also registered trademarks. No one has permission to use either name or their likenesses or present themselves as representitives of 'NESR' and/or 'New England Streetriders' without consent...

No one is representing NESR or New England Streetriders on the race track any longer...

This isn't a slight on anyone. It's just time to let NESR Racing slowly fade away. Sorry if it doesn't sit well with some. Honestly...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Status Of NESR Racing...

Does this mean the forum is disappearing also? I would sure as hell hope not!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Lifer

Status Of NESR Racing...

They're your toys and it's your sandbox so it's your call to make. Will these forums remain as is?

Looks like I'll be riding for SoGood Racing this season!

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Thanks

After all the effort I put in to this, and the time I've spent getting people to supprot us? Are you nuts? Thanks a lot guy's. Much appreciated.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Fade Away?

More like "give up"? Right? You had a great thing going, and you just bail? Why not hand it off and keep a good thing going? You only need to be an advisor and let us keep the name!

And to the guys crying about the forum, this is about much more than that. We can always find a forum.

Too Bad...

Ben

Ben
    aka CornerPoser
    Crew Chief(Chef) for NESR Racing

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: Fade Away?

Originally posted by CornerPoser
    More like "give up"? Right? You had a great thing going, and you just bail? Why not hand it off and keep a good thing going? You only need to be an advisor and let us keep the name!

And to the guys crying about the forum, this is about much more than that. We can always find a forum.

Too Bad...

Ben
    guys ....hold on a sec. I don't see anything saying that the forum is going away. Degs and Jay still own the board and everything...I think that this just has everything to do witht the racing aspect of things. Do I like it? no...of course I don't. I felt proud going to the track and sporting the hat and stickers and everything. Sad if it does die down but I can understnad their point of view. I can also see "handing the reigns over" to a competent person adn there will be some oversight cause weverything is mainly run here but this is their project andif they want it to fade - that's their choice. Maybe if a proposal were to be made by the appropriate parties with legal intent ("we will use the name ...yada yada yada")....

$.02

Bras cause cancer.

Status Of NESR Racing...

i see this getting ugly real soon BTW

Bras cause cancer.

If you are not..

If you are not a racer, you wouldn't understand.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Re: If you are not..

Originally posted by gixxer6
    uuuhhhhhhh ok Heath

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

Re: If you are not..

Soooo.....you understand???

Everybody to the limit!

Status Of NESR Racing...

I don't want to miss a good fight. Someone tell me which side I'm on so I can start expressing my strong opinions.

Status Of NESR Racing...

NESR and NESR Racing were two entirely different things. This site nor the message board (which is really all this site basically is) are going away...

No one's saying don't go race. No one's saying don't go support the resident racers. No one's telling anyone they can't drum up support or help on the site...

We didn't 'give up' on it. You've all got very competent groups of people amassed, and I'm sure you'll all represent your 'teams' proudly. You don't need the words 'NESR Racing' on your bikes or on your tent...

You're all free to promote your respective race efforts here and recruit as you'd like. No one's getting in the way of that. You're looking FAR too much into this. The only difference is that no one's gonna be called NESR Racing this year...

Christ! I'm honestly not sure what's so upsetting about this. NESR is NOT a race team, nor is it a race oriented site. What difference does it make if you tout Heath & Ben Racing, Double Apex Racing, Slide Rule Racing, Collision Pros Racing, or WHATEVER? NESR never sponsored, condoned, encouraged or discouraged any one to race. It was just a name guys. Again, you're looking FAR too into this...

Re: Thanks

After all the effort I put in to this, and the time I've spent getting people to supprot us? Are you nuts? Thanks a lot guy's. Much appreciated.
    You're welcome, Heath. THIS site has been an incredible springboard of support for ANY member of the SITE that races, yourself included. Every step of the way, you've gotten a TON of suggestions, tips, info, help, tech advice, building advice, etc., even before you were part of NESR Racing...

I highly doubt any of the support you've drummed up is gonna walk away because of a name change. The support you've recruited volunteered to help YOU, not a silly name...

Again, you're making this far more than it is. I'm not getting into a shouting or pissing match. It has all to do with the NESR name not being used at the race track anymore. That's it. That's all it is...

Status Of NESR Racing...

$.02 flip it the other way...

what's the big deal with letting them ride under an established team in which they feel a connection to with the race team and the forum...

some sort of legality issue?

Also, members of the site would like to go up and support the sites race team....and maybe not so much his and hers race team R US...personally I like going up to the track and seeing a common area where people I know will be hanging out...

I'm just an outsider looking in and this sounds like an I'm taking my ball and going home deal......

...but seeing how it really doesnt effect my life...whatever

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Status Of NESR Racing...

Originally posted by bigred875
    Also, members of the site would like to go up and support the sites race team....and maybe not so much his and hers race team R US...personally I like going up to the track and seeing a common area where people I know will be hanging out...
    And all that's gonna stop now? Sounds like people would rather go up to see the name than the people. Doesn't much make sense...

Re: Status Of NESR Racing...

Funnily enough I completely understand where your call coming from and nobody should get their tights ina bunch over this
    Nesr racing was a fun time whose time has come and gone , it was a blast for a while and now the originators are moving on and so should everyone else.
    now the big question is
    When the fuck is spring getting here?

eat me

Status Of NESR Racing...

Originally posted by Stoneman
    And all that's gonna stop now? Sounds like people would rather go up to see the name than the people. Doesn't much make sense...
    yes and no....a big nesr ez-up...pit boxes and a bunch of people in one location versus no names scattered all over.....

and then for the newbies of the site.....the pits can be overwhelming for someone not familiar with the track...not to mention the gate fee isnt exactly cheap for someone just to go in and try to find someone they know....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Re: Re: If you are not..

Originally posted by highsider
    Soooo.....you understand???

Jeeezus chris yer killing me here now thats funny

eat me

Lifer

Status Of NESR Racing...

The racers will remain the same and this community will as well as far as what i've heard. As long as Degs doesn't pit ALLL the way across the infield from the rest of us. I don't want to have to go borrow Heath's pocket bike to go steal his ketchup!

Most racers formally known as NESR, as well as the new racers (me included) will be in a central location. I'm sure stonner will be by the track as well and I would expect him to come hang out with us (I'll cook you a burger but I'm not gonna leave the key in my bike). We'll let you know when we come up with a name, and I'll make a bright pink banner so you know where to go.

I believe we'll still be offering to help out with track admission for people that are willing to lend a hand in the pits/cornerwork and stuff like that.

Let's keep everything civil, this site has done tons for myself and others at no cost to us, and we'vce got a great bunch of people here. Let's keep it civil and continue it that way.

I'll step down from my soapbox now.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Re: Status Of NESR Racing...

I would like to say good luck to all of the riders with their racing this coming season.
    I will hopefully be spending some more time online and keeping updated with everything that goes on here.
    I myself will miss NESR Racing (Is it legal for me to still type that without written permission? j/k) As is is said All good things must come to an end...
    I hope to go to the track a few times this year and watch any of you guys/girls racing.

Again I want to wish you all the best of Luck and remember to post who is riding under which names so when I am up to watch the races I will know how many teams I need to watch for...

Originally posted by Stoneman

As Derek & I are no longer actively participating in NESR Racing, we've decided to request that the name 'NESR Racing' NOT be used. Derek & I still own the rights to the name and as such WILL NOT give anyone the rights to the name nor will we be giving permission to use the name. In a word, 'NESR Racing' no longer exists...

Derek & I 'built' NESR Racing from humble beginnings of one rider, one helper/runner/wrench/cook/supporter (and two wives). As we no longer are part of it, we'd prefer not to 'hand the reigns over' and hope that the name we've built continue to operate in the good light we've worked hard to accomplish. We'd rather it leave the ranks of LRRS as is...

'NESR' and 'New England Streetriders' are also registered trademarks. No one has permission to use either name or their likenesses or present themselves as representitives of 'NESR' and/or 'New England Streetriders' without consent...

It wasn't me I didn't do it (unless you have the negatives to prove it)

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Status Of NESR Racing...

Seems to me all the remaining people of the race team just need a new name and BAM! Tent in the same spot and so on....
    Whats the big deal here?

I would also like to say good luck to everyone who will be racing this upcomming year

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Littering and........

Status Of NESR Racing...

I suggest that the name be changed to an unpronounceable symbol, and the team be referred to as "The Team Formerly Known as NESR".

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Status Of NESR Racing...

I don't know about any one else but I WILL still be riding to the track when I can to watch my FRIENDS race and have a good time. Yes it was nice to see the banner and what not that said "NESR RACING" but it was my friends that I went to see and support and still intend to do. So see everyone at the track....

my $.02

Jim

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

Everybody to the limit!

Status Of NESR Racing...

Originally posted by highsider
    I suggest that the name be changed to an unpronounceable symbol, and the team be referred to as "The Team Formerly Known as NESR".

Given that this is a new england team, might I suggest an R?

yup

Originally posted by PinHead
    Seems to me all the remaining people of the race team just need a new name and BAM! Tent in the same spot and so on....
    Whats the big deal here?

I would also like to say good luck to everyone who will be racing this upcomming year
    YUP, That's it! Ed, you'll be there right?
    All of you will still be tere, right? We don't want any of this to effect all of our great supporters from coming up to help and have a great time with us and their families.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast