Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Suspension upgrades / supersport class?

Suspension upgrades / supersport class?

Just generally, a little confused confused, because sometimes the rulebook takes a "must not modify abc" and sometimes it takes a "can modify abc" so I don't know if it's silent on an issue if that means you're allowed to modify it or if it means it's off limits.

More specifically:

I'm upgrading my suspension (rear shock and cartridges).

I'm unclear on whether that disqualifies me from the Supersport classes....

Not sure I even care but want to get this trackintel interview right so it's reasonably reliable in the future

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think of the classes generally as a spectrum from production > supersport > superbike > ... > .... > GP/GT

...or is it more hierarchical that the "production" classes ARE supersport, superbike, etc....

So the rulebook says "production" class rear shock may be replaced as long as it mounts in the same place (20.1.1.5), no mention of forks except that stops may be added.

The "supersport" class makes no mention of rear shock replacement (that I can tell)...but if you can replace it in the "production" class, you can replace it in the "supersport" class, right?

Supersport does say that forks must be stock, but does that mean you can't so anything with the internals? (either cartridges or adding emulators)

I doubt I'll be setting the world on fire, just trying to be on the up and up....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Re: Suspension upgrades / supersport class?

Well...forget trusting the interview...I clicked into the other bikes and it seems to be a jumble of the two different bikes....

I'm pretty sure when I filled this out, I didn't say my KTM 520 was a 600cc i4...

Or that my GSXR 600 was a 2 cylinder bike.

I'm not above making mistakes but every time I change the answer on one of the bikes the whole thing jumbles up even worse... :dunno

Somebody that works in IT go ahead and tell me to "clear your cache, delete your cookies".

Me and technology are not getting along today....

Suspension upgrades / supersport class?-60847416-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suspension upgrades / supersport class?-60847416-jpg  

LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

SS - You can replace the rear shock, but you have to use the OEM suspension mounting points. On the forks, you have to retain the outer tubes, you're free to replace the internals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    SS - You can replace the rear shock, but you have to use the OEM suspension mounting points. On the forks, you have to retain the outer tubes, you're free to replace the internals though.
    Sweet, that's just what I need to know.

...interesting that the 1098 fits into the heavyweight class but the 1198 and 1199 - (which, is actually, also an 1198...that extra CC is just a lie!) do not.

LRRS 919

I'm fairly certain they are all unlimited bikes.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube