Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tamworth, NH

Tamworth, NH

I'm up here in NH and can't believe any resident is complaining about the racetrack being built at the Tamworth location--NOBODY lives here. Place is dead empty, total wilderness.

Right now I'm about 20 minutes northwest of the place, nice area, but it could definitely benefit from some sort of attraction like that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60

Tamworth, NH

Yip. Degs & I were there for the groundbreaking and were amazed that people think they're quality of life may be affected by this...

As you can clearly see, that area was DEVASTATED by the slump back in the late 80's, early 90's. And it's never even come close to recovering. The of route 16 from the route 28 junction all the way up to route 25 is a deserted ghost area. When I was a kid, that was lined with attractions, restaurants, gift shops, motels and the like. It's fuckin' horrible, and they could certainly benefit from it...

Tamworth, NH

Is that place moving forward? or is construction progress still hung up in courts with tree huggers and the like?

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Tamworth, NH

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Yip. Degs & I were there for the groundbreaking and were amazed that people think they're quality of life may be affected by this...

As you can clearly see, that area was DEVASTATED by the slump back in the late 80's, early 90's. And it's never even come close to recovering. The of route 16 from the route 28 junction all the way up to route 25 is a deserted ghost area. When I was a kid, that was lined with attractions, restaurants, gift shops, motels and the like. It's fuckin' horrible, and they could certainly benefit from it...
    yep, thats the way we came, up to North Conway.

What was the name of the closed down park there--Mount Monster or something?

Those roads looks half decent for a nice bike ride--pulling the 11k# trailer, not so much fun.

Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60

Tamworth, NH

Don't worry, you won't be able to race there either!

Collision Pros Racing

Tamworth, NH

Originally posted by WebCrush
    yep, thats the way we came, up to North Conway.

What was the name of the closed down park there--Mount Monster or something?

Those roads looks half decent for a nice bike ride--pulling the 11k# trailer, not so much fun.
    Whittier Mountain, if I remember. It was a ski area in the winter, water park/amusement park in the summer. In fact, I think that's who they bought mosta that property from...

Those roads suck for riding. Too many people pulling 11,000 pound trailers...