Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thursday/Friday camping/practice and fees

Re: Thursday/Friday camping/practice and fees

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Ok...no offense...but who cares why you don't race?

Once again...what is the alternative to those fees?
    Me not racing? Nobody. Me an a significant number of former racers? Probably LRRS who is losing revenue due to a lack of participation. Eventually, if theres not enough revenue, you will care why I and other people dont race.

Alternative? No idea. But simply tacking on more fees to a dwindling customer base is not exactly a recipe for a successful business.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Me not racing? Nobody. Me an a significant number of former racers? Probably LRRS who is losing revenue due to a lack of participation. Eventually, if theres not enough revenue, you will care why I and other people dont race.

Alternative? No idea. But simply tacking on more fees to a dwindling customer base is not exactly a recipe for a successful business.
    What could they eliminate fees wise?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Hey, I dont know their finances, but from CEO's initial post:
    How about "camping fee" to pitch a damn tent. I never saw security around when I camped there, maybe thats changed. And if you rent a garage, charging electricity to power your trailer? And seperate entry and camping fees for thursday and the weekend? Seems a little excessive.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Sounds like you want something for nothing to me.

If you rent a garage you don't have to pay for electricity during the LRRS weekend.

Can you camp at a campground for free? Security is around all night...we people in T1A know this well.

If we race on the weekend and on Monday there is a Nascar race...do you expect to be able to get in for free to that too? Point being it is a different event.

Lifer

You still don't get it. It's not even about eliminating fees. It's about what we get for the money we put out. Some of us aren't in the poor house, it's just not worth it to drop more than mortgage payment in a weekend. Not for 24 laps around a track with 4 other guys. Of course that means we're not racers, you're the real deal.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I am actually starting to consider selling one of my bikes and my trailer, and just doing TDs on my other bike.

I am trying to do this year on a budget. Adding fees makes me able to race less, and therefore the money and time I spend just to get to the event (gas, wristband, camp, license, etc) is being devalued by me being able to have less fun.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

And if someone REALLY wanted to race, they find a way. Racers for the most part don't have many nice things except for their bikes and their program. If you love it enough to make the sacrifice, you'll be there. You could buy a cheap beater for a car instead of that new wrx, downsize to a cheaper apartment, hell some even load up their credit cards. Point being, the real racers who love the sport above all else...you can find them there.
    I was with you for most of the thread Smut, until here. I think what a few of these folks are getting at is (and I apologize if this seems obvious - I'm sure you've thought of it), they'd rather not sacrifice nearly everything just to club race. If someone is unwilling to eat ramen for a month and live in a 200 sq ft loft simply because they don't have enough budget to live comfortably and race, I don't think that makes them not a "real racer." I'm lucky enough at this point in my life to have enough money to do a couple races a weekend and still have a nice car and decent living space...but finding me at the races doesn't make me more of a real racer than someone who needs to feed his/her kids and therefore can't race. And loading up the credit cards is NEVER a good idea...cuz 90% of us real racers are never gonna make money on the "investment" we're using those credit cards for.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

...and here I was thinking that "real racers" end up seeing more than one track during their time on the grids. Whodathunk that all I needed to do was just spend all my money and max out credit cards at LRRS

Last edited by butcher bergs; 05-09-12 at 04:21 PM.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    ...and here I was thinking that "real racers" end up seeing more than one track during their time on the grids. Whodathunk that all I needed to do was just spend all my money and max out credit cards at LRRS
    You're just broke, and not a real racer, and you smell funny, and you should send all your money to NHMS.

Ya'll mutherfuckers need Jesus.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

A forum where I bet its being read by decision makers at NHMS and LRSS where we can voice our concerns and some in here have a need to talk nonsense. Thanks. I got lots of money invested in my sport and I am being overwhelmed with costs and need to make a decision if I can even continue.

Last edited by Rambunctous; 05-09-12 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    You're just broke, and not a real racer, and you smell funny, and you should send all your money to NHMS.

In reading the posts I realized how I would quite enjoy living with my parents because then I could race everywhere (!!) but I'm broke because I have mouths to feed, a mortgage, bills...etc. Nowadays I have to save my race-funds months in advance so I can fake race elsewhere.

Kind of a bummer to know that, even at my lowly level, the efforts I put toward any kind of race program isn't recognized or respected by the newest Experts in LRRS.

So I got a little aggravated with your antics and made an over zealous post. Whoopee. How bout them apples. I didnt mean it on that respect. Carry on.

My antics?

Ehh track days are nice, but you cant compare them to racing. I love both, but I wouldnt give one up for the other. Theres something about competition...

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

Some of the shit you come out with cracks me up! Keep up the good work jay

Yamaha

Lifer

Racing is expensive. It is not going to be cheaper anywhere else.
    I want to preface this by saying I am not a racer, 'real' or otherwise. I'm not even a track day poser. I honestly have no idea what these fees look like in practice. I've been reading along out of pure curiosity.

But I did once stay at a holiday inn... and I also read an article in a recent copy of either Sport Rider or Motororcylist magazine, can't remember which. The article was basically this doode pining for the good ol' days of club racing in Southern California. He claimed there was a day where you could actually make money thanks to purse money. Not a lot, but enough where you aimed to piss it all away on 'expenses' to avoid taxes.

Seems to me that club racing should be cheaper than a random track day. Racers make a commitment (or it seems to me they should!) while track-day people should expect to pay for the convenience of not having to make that commitment. That commitment should have an upside. In my view the track-day is an opportunity for a casual 'rec' rider to play the part for a day. Playing the part should always cost more than committing to doing it for real.

As an outside observer, I can't for the life of me understand why any of you would make any kind of serious commitment to any amateur racing series if it means you need to put your life in hock.

I raced for three years. Loved every second of it, on track and off. Never missed a race weekend. And it's all I thought about.
    When I stopped I thought I would still be hanging around the track and watching. I think I have gone to see the races 2 times since I stopped racing in 2007. Not worth the drive/ride and the $25 fee to be a spectator for me.

Now that I have a mortgage and a daughter, my priorities are different. I'd love to go back but don't think I would be "all in" like before.
    99.99% of the people are never going to get anywhere by racing LRRS. It's a hobby. Sucks to see the expenses keep going up, but it is what it is. I said I would come back for F40, so I got 6 years to start saving.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I want to preface this by saying I am not a racer, 'real' or otherwise. I'm not even a track day poser. I honestly have no idea what these fees look like in practice. I've been reading along out of pure curiosity.

But I did once stay at a holiday inn... and I also read an article in a recent copy of either Sport Rider or Motororcylist magazine, can't remember which. The article was basically this doode pining for the good ol' days of club racing in Southern California. He claimed there was a day where you could actually make money thanks to purse money. Not a lot, but enough where you aimed to piss it all away on 'expenses' to avoid taxes.

Seems to me that club racing should be cheaper than a random track day. Racers make a commitment (or it seems to me they should!) while track-day people should expect to pay for the convenience of not having to make that commitment. That commitment should have an upside. In my view the track-day is an opportunity for a casual 'rec' rider to play the part for a day. Playing the part should always cost more than committing to doing it for real.

As an outside observer, I can't for the life of me understand why any of you would make any kind of serious commitment to any amateur racing series if it means you need to put your life in hock.
    What it comes down to though is it is just like your local bowling league. Trackdays are comparable to going bowling with the family, and club racing is more comparable to the league aspect. You won't make much if you win a league either, but it is a little. Just like if you are a champion of certain LRRS classes there is a purse, and there are also free entree fees for those who place in an expert class. Also there is a race every weekend called the Dash for Cash where there is a payout that is decent.

And you talk like the commitment is a choice haha.

And when I said that real racer spiel I went a little overboard. There are many people who do it within reason and keep it cheap. BJ Worsham for example, or even our own Brady. Production twins and the EX500 is the epitome of cheap and fun racing, and when you get tired of frame flex you can move up to a real bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    I don't want to start a shitshow but
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    Like I said not trying to start a shitshow but if
    Oops...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo View Post
    Oops...
    you happy with the shit you started? friendships are ending over this thread. LOL

For anyone annoyed with the fees. I welcome you to do a CCS event at another track. You'll then appreciate what LRRS does for you to make racing easier and more affordable. .

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

inquiring minds are still waiting for a report
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For anyone annoyed with the fees. I welcome you to do a CCS event at another track. You'll then appreciate what LRRS does for you to make racing easier and more affordable. .

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    inquiring minds are still waiting for a report
    Sorry to disappoint, but I'd rather stab myself with a rusty spoon than read or write a race report.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

And when I said that real racer spiel I went a little overboard. There are many people who do it within reason and keep it cheap. BJ Worsham for example, or even our own Brady. Production twins and the EX500 is the epitome of cheap and fun racing, and when you get tired of frame flex you can move up to a real bike.
    I probably spend about $600 a weekend to do 5 races, a garage, stay in a hotel, bring food, gas, etc. to race a "real bike"

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I probably spend about $600 a weekend to do 5 races, a garage, stay in a hotel, bring food, gas, etc. to race a "real bike"
    Mine is probably about $800 with gas and tires and wear items.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast