Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great time @ the races this weekend, thanks to many, I'm hooked

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Great time @ the races this weekend, thanks to many, I'm hooked

I had an absolutely amazing time at the races this weekend. It was good meeting a lot of you, and seeing Dan & Pete again. Dolla, you are the man. Can't thank you enough for taking me into the alley, introducing me to so many people, etc. Sorry to see your headers go, at least you had the EX as backup. Dan, hope that ankle is OK bud, really enjoy watching you and dolla dice it out. Thanks again for the suit, it's going to be on that track soon. Noel, great meeting you and thanks again for the gear hookup, like the suit it will be in action soon. Bergs, great meeting you in person. Dan, I met your wife, never managed to find you. Seth, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Can't wait to see you get comfortable riding on the pavement, you were looking pretty nasty out there. Hard to believe it was new to you, Next time. Pete, congrats on that time. Shaved what, a full half second? I could go on and on, but what the hell, this isn't my award acceptance speech.

I spent most of the weekend with BJ and the rest of the EX mafia. Those guys have me totally hooked. I was basically just a pit bitch, but I learned a ton. I can't get my EX up there fast enough. Killer time, thanks to all that helped me out, and good meeting the 20 or so fellow NESRians I met. Next race can't come fast enough.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 04-26-09 at 08:00 PM.

Re: Great time @ the races this weekend, thanks to many, I'm hooked

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    I had an absolutely amazing time at the races this weekend. It was good meeting a lot of you, and seeing Dan & Pete again. Dolla, you are the man. Can't thank you enough for taking me into the alley, introducing me to so many people, etc. Sorry to see your headers go, at least you had the EX as backup. Dan, hope that ankle is OK bud, really enjoy watching you and dolla dice it out. Thanks again for the suit, it's going to be on that track soon. Noel, great meeting you and thanks again for the gear hookup, like the suit it will be in action soon. Bergs, great meeting you in person. Dan, I met your wife, never managed to find you. Next time. I could go on and on, but what the hell, this isn't my award acceptance speech.

I spent most of the weekend with BJ and the rest of the EX mafia. Those guys have me totally hooked. I was basically just a pit bitch, but I learned a ton. I can't get my EX up there fast enough. Killer time, thanks to all that helped me out, and good meeting the 20 or so fellow NESRians I met. Next race can't come fast enough.
    welcome to the addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post
    welcome to the addiction.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

I missed ya. I was corner working in T10 on Sat and T2 on Sunday

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

definitely a great day. thanks to dave for leading the seacoast ride...nice to see a lot of old faces there and a few new ones as well! 29 bikes deep - i think that's a record group ride for me.

big thanks to jim, nick, pete, dan, degsy, denno & the bostonmoto crew for assisting with the unnecessarily complicated and borderline comical tire swap today. you guys really represent why i'm proud to be part of the NESR crew.

Last edited by drop; 04-26-09 at 07:50 PM.
    - Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

Ohh... He has it BAD!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Wait, what happened to DB's 'tard and Dan's ankle?!

To most of you... yeah, I've got it bad. Worse things to be bitten by than the racing bug. Gino, sorry I missed ya. Workin both days, in that heat - hat's off to you man. Jamie - borderline comical? That could have been a stand-up comedy skit. Any help I gave you had nothing to do with NESR though, we've been friends long enough I need to help you out anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Wait, what happened to DB's 'tard and Dan's ankle?!
    Fucked if I know

Zip Tie Alley #505

Nice meeting you Dan! Looks like we'll be seeing you at more

Boston --> San Diego

Holy hell DB, you weren't kidding about the Nitro-Methane were you?! Next time cut it 50/50 with pump gas, 100% is just too much for that RMZ.

In all seriousness, that header is awfully clean... pull your plug and see if it's as white as you are, in which case I'd be thinking you're jetted lean, and it was the heat that killed it.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...ghlight=header

Looks like you're not the only one that's had the stock Ti header let go...

Lucky for Richie I have a spare OEM header

Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Lucky for Richie I have a spare OEM header

Zip Tie Alley #505

Dan, I didn't even know you made it up! I was up in the tower all weekend, and stopped by ZTA a few times. I probably saw you and it just didn't register that you were NESR.

Next time....

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

didn't get to meet you either, i was in turn 10 all day saturday and turn 6 yesterday.

Alex, the pleasure was all mine. You’re fast man. Damn fast. I look forward to learning some things from you.

Mzdagrl, I may have seen you and not had it register, or I may have been watching the races or hanging out in the EX garage w/ BJ & crew when you came by. In telling me how everything works there they told me about the woman in the tower we heard on the radio whenever something went on in the races, was that you? Anyway, yeah, next time (which will be next event weekend, and then the one after that, etc.)

Reiobard, damn, another one that CW’d both days! Long weekend, but good for you. Next time for sure.

Ha ! I didn't know you made it up. I had turn 3 on Sat. with Gino and a great bunch of other CW's. Sun. turn 12.

Next event maybe we can get you on the other side of the fence. Once we do that, there won't be enough track days to feed your addiction.

I'm glad you hooked up with BJ and the EX Mafia. Great bunch of guys. Careful though, they are the crack dealers of racing. They'll have your bike wired and you sitting on pre-grid before you know what hit you!

Ptwins? What?! How'd I end up here? My head feels funny.......

" In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

Alex, the pleasure was all mine. You’re fast man. Damn fast. I look forward to learning some things from you.

Mzdagrl, I may have seen you and not had it register, or I may have been watching the races or hanging out in the EX garage w/ BJ & crew when you came by. In telling me how everything works there they told me about the woman in the tower we heard on the radio whenever something went on in the races, was that you? Anyway, yeah, next time (which will be next event weekend, and then the one after that, etc.)

Reiobard, damn, another one that CW’d both days! Long weekend, but good for you. Next time for sure.
    Ha, no I'm not given radio time yet unless things get really hectic, I am just a secretary and go'fer for now. Maybe in a few weeks I'll pick up some more responsibilities up there....

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Dan it was nice meeting you. Glad you had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    Ha ! I didn't know you made it up. I had turn 3 on Sat. with Gino and a great bunch of other CW's. Sun. turn 12.

Next event maybe we can get you on the other side of the fence. Once we do that, there won't be enough track days to feed your addiction.

I'm glad you hooked up with BJ and the EX Mafia. Great bunch of guys. Careful though, they are the crack dealers of racing. They'll have your bike wired and you sitting on pre-grid before you know what hit you!

Ptwins? What?! How'd I end up here? My head feels funny.......

Paul ,
    I had no idea this was you, cool..

Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Paul, I def. plan to do some CW’ing soon. Possibly even next event weekend, for one of the days. I think I’m going to do Penguin one of the upcoming Fridays, but don’t plan to actually race until I get some track day time as well and feel comfortable. I’ll probably go up one Friday, do Penguin, see how I feel on the track, then watch and CW for the rest of the weekend.
    I know how BJ and those guys are, but at the same time I wouldn’t have bought a race-prepped EX if that wasn’t what I wanted. There’s a reason I spent at least half my weekend in their garage helping out and learning all I could. My bike is already wired, and those guys (as well as a bunch of other racers) are trying to get me to do penguin next Friday and race that weekend. I think I’m going to split the difference, I can see the benefit to doing penguin early, but don’t want to race until I’m plenty comfortable on the track. So my plan has gone from TD’s > Penguin > racing to Penguin > TD’s > racing.

Mzdagrl, good deal. So still no voice to put to the screenname, I guess we’ll just have to wait until next time.

Sax, it was nice meeting you as well. ECK is looking sharp!

nice meeting you dude, it was a pleasure

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Paul, I def. plan to do some CW’ing soon. Possibly even next event weekend, for one of the days. I think I’m going to do Penguin one of the upcoming Fridays, but don’t plan to actually race until I get some track day time as well and feel comfortable. I’ll probably go up one Friday, do Penguin, see how I feel on the track, then watch and CW for the rest of the weekend.
    I know how BJ and those guys are, but at the same time I wouldn’t have bought a race-prepped EX if that wasn’t what I wanted. There’s a reason I spent at least half my weekend in their garage helping out and learning all I could. My bike is already wired, and those guys (as well as a bunch of other racers) are trying to get me to do penguin next Friday and race that weekend. I think I’m going to split the difference, I can see the benefit to doing penguin early, but don’t want to race until I’m plenty comfortable on the track. So my plan has gone from TD’s > Penguin > racing to Penguin > TD’s > racing.

Mzdagrl, good deal. So still no voice to put to the screenname, I guess we’ll just have to wait until next time.

Sax, it was nice meeting you as well. ECK is looking sharp!

Get some track time in first to learn what the bike can do, the track, braking, cornering and accelerating before you take the Penguin. You will feel so much more comfortable. Penguin throws a lot of racing information at you. Already knowing how to get around a track is a huge benefit.

Gino

Quote Originally Posted by drop View Post
    big thanks to jim, nick, pete, dan, degsy, denno & the bostonmoto crew for assisting with the unnecessarily complicated and borderline comical tire swap today. you guys really represent why i'm proud to be part of the NESR crew.
    you missed my completely comical drunkenness Sunday morning. I was black out drunk till around 11am from the night before

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

BTW, I took a bunch of shitty pictures Saturday. i was aiming for DB & Black Squirrel for a lot of them, tried to get some of the rest of the alley, Pete & Sax on the ECK bikes, Seth, and a bunch of the rest of you. It didn't take me long to figure out I suck at taking pictures unless they're from the air, so I put the camera away. They can all be seen here. http://picasaweb.google.com/DanKMTB/...eat=directlink I apparently don't know how to use a zoom button, so you'll have to hit the plus to blow it up a bit to see who is in them. I don't know the bikes well enough to say who's who for sure, so feel free to add comments, and if any of you guys who I got want a shitty picture of yourself on the track let me know and I'll send you the original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast