Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Marc Marquez 2001

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Thumbs up Marc Marquez 2001

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Re: Marc Marquez 2001

That's too cute.

Paul_E_D

Awesome

Kind of shows you how these other countries are producing top notch competitors, and the US just keeps falling behind. Where have you ever seen something like that set up in a parking lot with tires or hay-bales in the good ole US of A. The same thing goes for other top level motorsports too.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Like how he finished third but went and climbed onto the second place spot of the podium like that was where he was supposed to be. Whether intentional or not who knows but shows he knew where he was going at a young age.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    Kind of shows you how these other countries are producing top notch competitors, and the US just keeps falling behind. Where have you ever seen something like that set up in a parking lot with tires or hay-bales in the good ole US of A. The same thing goes for other top level motorsports too.
    Why don't you organize something like that? All you need is some land / parking lot

when F1 outdoors opened up I tried to see if they would allow pocket bikes onto their facility. initially it sounded great but then I just did not get any replies.

http://www.f1outdoors.com/f1-outdoor...art-tracks.asp
    Hell let me on the Hawk out there!!! better yet a Groam!!

Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Why don't you organize something like that? All you need is some land / parking lot
    And a huge insurance policy.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the major roadblock to people in the US doing something like this is the sue happy culture we have here in the states. The ability to sue the shirt off of someone who organizes an event like this where someone gets injured leads to a lot of cool ideas not happening. If we lived in a society where people made conscious decisions to do things and didn't try to blame others when something went wrong I could see this type of event happening. Until then it will be something we see done in other countries and other cultures and long for happening here.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hell Kids can't even ride 50's anymore.

Gino

Child abuse. LOL

Paul_E_D

It is a dream of mine to have soemthing like that happen.

I also believe it actually exists in Cali and some old moto gp legends are involved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    And a huge insurance policy.
    This.

Even the people that would like to see this happen and even some that have much larger checkbooks than I have would have a hard enough time getting certain things going in the US. Even with large empty corporate parking lots on weekends and various activities that would give people things to do and focus their extra time on, it's unfortunately the way the country is. Too many people don't own up to their own decisions and responsibilities. If a kid gets injured, it immediately becomes an issue of why the parent allowed the kid to do it. Ok, did the kid do it because they wanted or because the parent "forced" them too. This is how it begins..

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    Too many people don't own up to their own decisions and responsibilities. If a kid gets injured, it immediately becomes an issue of why the parent allowed the kid to do it. Ok, did the kid do it because they wanted or because the parent "forced" them too. This is how it begins..
    then attack the event because the parents don't have the balls to defend their decision.

Gino

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Hell Kids can't even ride 50's anymore.
    but they sure can EAT EM! Marc Marquez 2001-fat_kid-jpg

Gino- That is a great clip
    so let me get this straight
    RSP racing had this 8 year old sponsored and let him get away?
    Draghi or Kurts need to be removed from office

No wonder ECK is the dream team

I see Pol still rides pretty much the same.

We have this in Cali - http://www.minimotousa.com/

I used to race in Foxboro at an indoor karting track in a Tuesday night minibike league. Was wicked fun. Think that was like 2005/2006. Also built haybale tracks for CRF50's all over new england, by hand, myself, as part of a Red Bull event thing. Was neat to hand build your own track, ride it, and dial it in.

It's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Also built haybale tracks for CRF50's all over new england, by hand, myself, as part of a Red Bull event thing. Was neat to hand build your own track, ride it, and dial it in.

It's doable.
    What happened to the Red Bull sponsored CRF50s? Did your replacement not have the fire for them that you did so they went by the wayside? it would be cool to see any company step up and run something like this.

I know there are mini racing series that are trying to get going and some that are relatively well established but they seem to be Supermoto, Flat Track, MX geared as opposed to RR.

I see Pol still rides pretty much the same.

I used to race in Foxboro at an indoor karting track in a Tuesday night minibike league. Was wicked fun. Think that was like 2005/2006. Also built haybale tracks for CRF50's all over new england, by hand, myself, as part of a Red Bull event thing. Was neat to hand build your own track, ride it, and dial it in.

It's doable.
    My wife and I just looked at the gallery and watched the race videos and we suddenly want to have kids...

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    What happened to the Red Bull sponsored CRF50s? Did your replacement not have the fire for them that you did so they went by the wayside? it would be cool to see any company step up and run something like this.
    Partly. Two main reasons.

1) Red Bull was making a huge push in 2005/2006 around the USGP at Laguna Seca. All of the business units around the country were instructed to activate around the USGP (one of RB's highlight events those years). Setup viewing parties at bars (accounts). Sample at bike nights, dealerships, etc. Do race themed events in market, and so on. The CRF50's were part of that push. I actually convinced my BU to buy pocketbikes as well.... cause they were more like roadracers, but the average person struggled WAY more to ride a pocketbike, so we phased them out and fully used the CRF50's.

2) Yes it helps when someone inside the business unit is passionate about the sport. I was the de facto 'roadracing expert' for the Northeast and even at times down to the Mid-Atlantic for Red Bull (along with MTB and Gaming), just due to the fact I was into it and participated in it. So that helped move things along a bit more than some of the other BU's that just did it to appease their set goals for the year.

While RB still is title sponsor of the 2 (last year 3) USGP's, they have scaled their participation WAY down from those big years of 2005/2006 and even a bit into 2007 and the first year of IndyGP 2008. The shit they pulled out (ie: money spent) was insane in those first years. Now it's just going thru the motions a bit more...and all the AT THE RACE activations are way scaled down. Those first few years though... the race hospitality.. afterparties... so insane.

Last edited by a13x; 08-31-14 at 04:46 PM.

That looks like fun, especially the mini supermotos. And not just for kids.

I ran into a couple of riders while refueling in metro west last fall. I had three bikes on my open trailer which started a conversation. They were riding bored and built honda 50s every Sunday at a car dealership's property in Milford, MA and invited me to join in with my TTR125. They also mentioned an event at 128 cycles for their minis.

I also know of ex-road racers racing KX65s with street tires in a low cost, mini super moto class in Colorado on a one mile go cart track.

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77
    SeaCoast Sport Cycle | Dunlop | EBC Brakes | Vortex | Woodcraft | Armor Bodies

now a bit older.. just as cool!!!!!

Gino