Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I totaly want one..!!

I totaly want one..!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 08-06-19 at 06:52 PM.

Re: I totaly want one..!!

Good god! Well how long before one of those is flying past me in lw? Hahaha

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS EX #329
    Thank you to my 2022 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

WOW! It would be a pleasure to own such a machine. Let’s start a go fund me!

🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

I was on track with it at Barber last october. It's a middleweight class beater, not going to be allowed in lightweight. It's an absolute weapon.

Paul_E_D

Along comes kurlon with the rulebook...

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Sorry, I'm currently in the process of building my own attempt at a lightweight destroyer, no time to worry about middleweight!

(As it's not a single, it looses that path to bust into SS / SB so it'll be a GP only machine. Under LRRS rules, 890cc makes it too big for MWGP, so it'll be in Unlimited GP, GTO, SuperTwins and that's it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    so it'll be in Unlimited GP, GTO, SuperTwins and that's it.)
    It looks like it could also fit into Supersport and Superbike classes Heavyweight and above, with approval.

19.2.1 Production machines not sold by manufacturers and their dealers for street use in North
    America via normal commercial channels may be approved on an individual basis. CCS
    will maintain a list of non-standard approved models and that list will be available at each
    event from the Race Director.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

True, but I'd suspect the protest against that would be so hard Sweden would get whiplash as a side effect. It's a GP bike, with a hot motor, don't pretend it's anything different.

I have now also ripped some laps on a race prepped 790. It's fast. In stock form, it's not quite as fast as a 600, but far easier to hustle around the track, and the autoblipper plus slipper clutch means full lean downshifts are cake. That's a big advantage in road racing. It's making me wonder if I should have ponied up for an aftermarket autoblipper for the R6.

Paul_E_D

Right on, I get it, but all else equal I don't think it's going to be shaming GSX-R 750's and R1's around NJMP. So to that point, why wouldn't they allow that bike in those classes?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

if they left the 790 motor in that frame then i think you have a great lw bike! still waiting to see how the 790 holds up once you start leaning on it? time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Right on, I get it, but all else equal I don't think it's going to be shaming GSX-R 750's and R1's around NJMP. So to that point, why wouldn't they allow that bike in those classes?
    'cause again, it's a full on, limited production GP bike. When 250GP machines were the hot setup, they weren't slotted into SS and SB classes where they would be reasonable competitive 'cause they're not production machines. The only exception I'm aware of currently is the RC390 cup bike being allowed into SS, which makes sense as it's literally the production street bike choked up from the factory, and you have to leave it choked up to keep the SS waiver. (IE, going the cup bike over a regular one you bought from the dealer is the slower / worse option. By the numbers, the 390 Duke is actually the bike to race, but that's a different discussion.) This was allowed because we have a volume of them in the US, at one point they were easier to source than the normal street version.

The SS / SB classes are not lacking entries, or viable machines, at BEST I'd say you could maybe argue the Kramer into MWGP, but you'd then have Ducati owners looking to ride the same logic into letting their 898/899 twins in as well. If you're going to let the Kramer into SS/SB, why not let the destroked 600s into LW SS/SB? Next, how do you ensure it's staying in 'as produced' trim when running in those classes? In short, it's a bike that we MAY see two of peak at NHMS, if we have 50 of them running around the US I'd be floored. Not enough volume (Potential additional entry fees really is what it boils down to) to warrant blurring class lines and opening up the series to a long list of further me too requests for.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    if they left the 790 motor in that frame then i think you have a great lw bike! still waiting to see how the 790 holds up once you start leaning on it? time will tell.
    I suspect they found with the EVO that they sold more Rs than the milder model, and it make's sense that you wouldn't want your purpose built racer having a hard time motoring the street machine it's derived from for appearance/prestige reasons. I also assume the class structures they're expecting it to run in over in Europe are a bit different and they're building to win.

Edit: Looking at various European series rules:
    -IRRC regs say Supersport is 601 to 750cc for twins, 851cc to 1200cc is Superbike. To be legal the Kramer HAS to be pumped up.
    - DRC in Germany, LW is only up to 720cc for twins, Moto 2 is 750cc, Moto 1 requires 4 cylinders so SBK750 is what's left, allows up to 1000cc twins.
    - IOMTT Senior TT must be over 850cc for twins

Seems like 790cc twins fall into a no man's land class wise in Europe, too big for LW, too small for the next class up. The three orgs I looked at all are mostly saying SS / SB so I don't believe the Kramer slots in to those rules as is anyways, but I couldn't quickly find smaller orgs to compare against but typically they follow the bracketing of the bigger series?

Last edited by Kurlon; 08-07-19 at 12:53 PM.

This thing makes me really needy.

suspect they found with the EVO that they sold more Rs than the milder model, and it make's sense that you wouldn't want your purpose built racer having a hard time motoring the street machine it's derived from for appearance/prestige reasons. I also assume the class structures they're expecting it to run in over in Europe are a bit different and they're building to win
    . The 850cc version will fit in a few Ahrma Classes And should be competitive , Thinking a 790 with some port work, Cams and the like plus the weight lose would be enough to walk on a stock KTM. and would fit CCS LWGP GTL LW 40 . It may cost a little less then the 850cc bikes nice buy in price....
    Still wondering how long a paroral twin will last in racing trim? Cool bikes

Is there going to be an 850cc ver? I only see the 890cc spec listed at the moment?

Is there going to be an 850cc ver? I only see the 890cc spec listed at the moment?
    In the 1st link I posted they talk about the US bike being 850cc!

Interesting. 850cc still puts it in MWGP in CCS, will be interesting to see if they offer a 790cc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I thought for sure that was a typo.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I guess you can order theses now https://kraemer-motorcycles.com/en/products/gp3/
    Looks like with CCS they are going to be HW class machines

Last edited by MUZ720; 02-07-20 at 12:22 PM.