Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

James Rispoli of coolskunk racing - MOTOGP!!!!

Lifer

Some of you have met my old neigbor James and his father Phil up at loudon when they were there a couple times last year. Shane Narbone started out racing, I believe, just after James on dirttrack to give you an idea of his level of riding. Well I just got this e-mail from Phil and James. Looks like he's getting a big break at only 14 years old!!

To my sponsors;

I have some great news I would like to share with each of you. Below is a selection response from Red Bull's MotoGp selection committee. I had filled out an application and was selected from more than 1,000 world-wide applicants. The selection gives me a chance to test on the World MotoGP track in Valencia Spain a 125 world GP CUP race bike. This is a very special and big deal since the majority of the applicants came from the UK, Spain and Italy.

Unfortunately this does not leave me and my family much time to prepare since my track day is Aug 28 and there is much to do, like get passports, tickets etc. IF I continue to impress the world MotoGP officials during the initial track test I can continue to be "down-selected". Ultimately, they will choose 20 riders to race the 2007 RedBull KTM CUP Series in Europe. 5 riders from that season will be chosen to go to MotoGP school to learn to be a professional World MotoGP rider. The school is run by Dorna, the MotoGP series owner.

This is a dream come true opportunity! I know my chances of being selected overall to race the 2007 season will be a major challenge, but I feel all my dirt track training at the amateur national level has prepared me well. I have been riding a 125 GP bike here in the states the last two seasons and have also been riding my 450 SuperMoto on road courses as well. I have been on the road traveling since the amateur nationals in July riding and racing in California, Texas and Oklahoma. I am back home now heading out this weekend to race a 1/2 mile dirt track national in Canada on Saturday and a SuperMoto race the next day.

I am very excited and want you all to know that without your past and future support none of this would have been possible. I look forward to this unique opportunity and will keep you informed on my progress.

Thanks again for your support!

James "the Rocket" Rispoli
    Team Coolskunk KyDs Racing
    www.coolskunk.com

Dear MotoGP Rookie,

Thank you for your application to the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup which has been read with great interest. We are delighted to inform you that you have been selected from more than 1000 world-wide applicants to join us at the Run Off in Valencia, Spain.

Run Off will take place between 28th and 30th of August 2006.

Your personal Run Off date: TUESDAY, 29th of AUGUST 2006 / 8:00 AM
    It is important that you are potentially able to stay until Wednesday afternoon.

Everything else you need to know can be found in the attached documents. Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us by using the contact details in the Invitation Letter.

Please send us a quick reply whether you are able to attend the Run Off in Valencia or not to our email address (deleted)

We really hope you will be able to join us at the end of this month and look forward to meeting you at the race track in Valencia.

The Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Team

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Awesome!!

If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

14 years old!? Thats awesome! Wish him luck for us!

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Bruce Lyskawa who races a 125 actively at loudon was also chosen. He's SOOO PUMPED. It's really cute. He also did his first 18's this weekend.

Paul_E_D

Here's Brent's reaction:

Brent Lyskawa, who is currently 14 years old and resides in
    Londonderry, New Hampshire, has been dirt track racing since the age of
    five but just started road racing last year, competing in the Loudon
    Road Race Series. Brent quickly progressed through the Novice and the
    Amateur ranks qualifying him for an Expert classification while using a
    Bruce Transportation Prepared 2004 Honda RS125. Brent said “It’s kind
    of scary, but I am excited to see how my skill levels will measure up
    to world youth competition.” In addition, he said “ I owe a great deal
    thanks for the following people who helped me develop my racing skills,
    Jason Routhier and Shane Narbonne from Derry, New Hampshire, Dan Frisbe
    from Canterbury, New Hampshire, and Paul Duval, Bruce Leung, from
    Massachusetts. They are all great riders who have shared their
    knowledge with a young kid like me.”

I know these guys are going to have an experience of a lifetime. Good luck to both of them!

Paul_E_D

Lifer

I believe it was my old neigbor Phil that got them both started racing together on team coolskunk. I'm not sure because my memory sucks, but I think brent was in the same neigborhood. How awesome would it be to compete on that level with a friend/teammate that you've grown up with all your life.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?