Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Trophies!

Re: Trophies!

Quote Originally Posted by daviid View Post
    outside of lrrs, there is amatuer championships & they are recognized.
    Yes, and the reward is a set of white plates with black numbers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That's just the way nascrap does things

Quote Originally Posted by John Barns View Post
    That's just the way nascrap does things
    Do you plan on adding anything of value to this site or are you just here to bitch?

Novice trophies are nice. They should still have them. I got a couple and I was very happy to get them. Sure the cherry pickers suck but I think thats why they are doing the auto bump this season at a certain lap time. I kind of feel bad for the career novices. It just shows they arent learning anything.

James

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Do you plan on adding anything of value to this site or are you just here to bitch?

Novice trophies are nice. They should still have them. I got a couple and I was very happy to get them. Sure the cherry pickers suck but I think thats why they are doing the auto bump this season at a certain lap time. I kind of feel bad for the career novices. It just shows they arent learning anything.
    You'd think I would know this....but I wasn't aware that there were no Novice trophies this year. I have no idea if this will go anywhere, but I will bring this up with LRRS. Novices are probably the most important riders to give trophies to....they are the ones who care the most. Experts who have been racing for years really don't care about them anymore....but, I still have my first Novice trophy - those are the ones the mean something 20 years later.

With the new Novice setup, there are no more cherry pickers. Once you are fast, you're out. That pretty much elminates that whole argument.

If I get any updated news I will post it up here.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Thank you, Eric!

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    You'd think I would know this....but I wasn't aware that there were no Novice trophies this year. I have no idea if this will go anywhere, but I will bring this up with LRRS. Novices are probably the most important riders to give trophies to....
    Damn, guess I can't play Devil's Advocate any more.

LRRS #516

I agree with Eric...Novices should definitely be the first to get trophies. You want the novices and amateurs to be inspired and motivated to do better and be long run participants in the sport. That's how it stays alive.

it's like maintaining your car. and ounce of prevention...or in this case, an ounce of encouragement...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Because you're on track, consuming:
    A) Facility time
    B) Cornerworker time
    C) Insurance
    D) etc, etc
    Quote the whole thing before you respond please

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    And before we get cute, I realize the track surface/facilities don't know whether a NV, AM, or EX rider is using them...but at the very least, AM/EX are getting more for the same dollars (and EX even more to some extent, if you consider championships), why?

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote the whole thing before you respond please
    I don't need to continue playing Devil's Advocate, Eric has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    just playing devil's advocate here, but isn't giving NV trophies out kinda like watching kids "graduate" from 4th grade? ...in other words, let them realize early that once they make it to the show they'll get credit.
    What credit? LRRS doesnt even recognize Amateur championships even though they calculate the championship points. I have emailed Wanda and Tom about this a few weeks ago and hope to change that for this season or the season there after. If we want this sport to grow, give back to the riders in some shape or form.

Damn, guess I can't play Devil's Advocate any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Io-bot View Post
    What credit? LRRS doesnt even recognize Amateur championships even though they calculate the championship points. I have emailed Wanda and Tom about this a few weeks ago and hope to change that for this season or the season there after. If we want this sport to grow, give back to the riders in some shape or form.
    yup. been that way for a few years. want a championship? go expert and win... fwiw that's the way AM was when I was in it.

Last edited by smf; 05-09-11 at 01:27 PM.
    Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    You'd think I would know this....but I wasn't aware that there were no Novice trophies this year. I have no idea if this will go anywhere, but I will bring this up with LRRS. Novices are probably the most important riders to give trophies to....they are the ones who care the most. Experts who have been racing for years really don't care about them anymore....but, I still have my first Novice trophy - those are the ones the mean something 20 years later.

With the new Novice setup, there are no more cherry pickers. Once you are fast, you're out. That pretty much elminates that whole argument.

If I get any updated news I will post it up here.
    Awesome. So nice to have an accomplished rider speak up for the little guys =).

From a novices perspective (I was one last year) you are shelling out boatloads of $ to start up this hobby, without any prayer of sponsorship to differ the costs like the experts have. Novices also arent elligible for any contingency that I am aware of.

It is critically important to our sport that we do everything in our power to encourage those novices to stick it out until they become AM or EX and a $5 trophy seems like a very inexpensive way to keep LRRS alive. Another suggestion would be recognition in the form of announcing the novice races? Sure you cant hear it, but your friends/family can and that will get back to the racers. We need to keep them happy enough that they can justify shelling out the $ to continue with it.

This is only my 2nd year with LRRS but from listening to the "old timers", our numbers are vastly down from years past. If you want LRRS to be around for many years to come I would think that we would be doing everything we can to ensure that the people who DO try racing, stick with racing, I for one look forward to the competition (unless its Riley Rogers, he beats me every time! :-p)

Last edited by PainfullySlow; 05-09-11 at 02:28 PM.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    Novices also arent elligible for any contingency that I am aware of.
    Just tires. Bridgestone and Conti have contingency payouts for Novice classes. But nothing else AFAIK.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    Just tires. Bridgestone and Conti have contingency payouts for Novice classes. But nothing else AFAIK.
    Check with Sandy, I thought EBC and Silkolene were offering something, wasn't much but I don't think they cared what tier/class you ran as long as the entries were there?

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    Another suggestion would be recognition in the form of announcing the novice races? Sure you cant hear it, but your friends/family can and that will get back to the racers.
    are they not announced at all or is it that the PA system sucks? if it's the former that makes no sense (and is pretty crappy). if it's the latter your best bet is to pickup a scanner and listen in on the corner workers. it's a little expensive but its been the best way to stay up on announcements during race afternoons for a while now.

EDIT: btw the numbers definitely are down. it's very likely do to the economy... racing is a luxury for most so once the disposable income goes so do the luxury items. of course rationalizing it doesn't help, but I'd bet that's where it stems from.

Last edited by smf; 05-09-11 at 05:06 PM.
    Scott

I know they USED to announce the novice races, freaked me out the first time I managed to hear my name on the PA... What, did I do something wrong?

I know they USED to announce the novice races, freaked me out the first time I managed to hear my name on the PA... What, did I do something wrong?
    I remember that. You were out there in the Dash For Cash.

I miss the huge novice gtl grids....

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

I might feel differently if/when I podium for the first time, but until Expert (and excepting contingency stuff) I'd rather just be rewarded for achieving faster lap times during a race. (Way) back when I was a swimmer, the league used to give out "speeding tickets" when you went faster than a certain time, and those felt awesome.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I miss the huge novice gtl grids....
    I miss full pits, racing every event, free redbull delivered by college girls and seeing how many different girls frankie would bring up on a given weekend

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    (Way) back when I was a swimmer, the league used to give out "speeding tickets" when you went faster than a certain time, and those felt awesome.
    that's pretty neat.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    I would have even liked credits for round 1. I won all 3 races I entered, because they wouldn't allow me to bump for round 1, and I didn't get shit for my efforts.
    Your credit is that you get to have yellow plates.

I personally thing they should do away with novice!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

I agree with Scott for the most part. But Eric has a good point about giving the new guys something to stroke their ego.

Maybe the Novices could get a certificate of achivement or something.

Seriously, Getting Novice wood was awesome, but if the point of the new novice class is to get them to bump faster then I see why the trophys went away.

Just remember, You are lucky to have a Novice class at LRRS. Anywhere else and you would be a back marker in Amatuer.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

this whole discussion reminds me of what my brother-in-law likes to say to my nephew when he's complaining about things that aren't fair:
    "life isn't fair. get used to it."

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post

I think it's simple... All classes get recognition for podium finishes. Novices get certificates, Amateurs get medals, Experts get trophies or plaques. That way everyone gets the recognition they deserve and all the killjoys who thinks that no one but the world's best deserve recognition get some sort of gratification that we're not watching 4th graders graduate.
    that's exactly what I was thinking. When I saw some people get little medals I was like where the f is my "award" A simple piece of paper would have been AWESOME. I would have 2 framed and on my wall right now.
    There was a certain 27 year old who was pretty disappointed too.
    there was a certain 30 year old who was a little dissappointed, TWICE.

AFAIK the goal of the reworking of NV is to re-emphasize that it IS practice, just a practice with full race procedure as part of the drill. Full dress rehearsal, etc.
    that sounds like a description of the rookie race, not the novice class.