Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Twas a fun weekend

Twas a fun weekend

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone in the NESR area for the help and support over the weekend
    It's always great to see everyone and get in on some of the ballbusting, lotta fun and a lotta laughs
    Another thanks to the Collision Pros team for the hospitality saturday evening with the cookout. Good spread of food and Sean is a far better cook that Spence haha

I got out of work a half hour early on Friday hoping to get ahead of some of the traffic, didn't happen tho. The normal 2 1/2 hour trip took 3 1/2 hours. I got to the track about 6pm and went in to set up my stuff. I was able to get my registrations and tech taken care of that night which is always cool and saves some hassles in the morning.
    Saturday, up early for the morning track walk, then off to practice. I made both practices and stayed out for the full time of each one.
    I had 2 races that day, am lightweight sportsman and am supersingles. I got a pretty good start in race 8 and made a few passes before turn 1. I felt pretty good in this race i guess because i made quite a few passes, ended up finnishing 8th out of 21 and got 5 points
    Race #13, the clouds were moving in fast as we're getting ready for pregrid. Once on the pregrid and sitting there for 30 seconds or so, the drops start to fall. Another 30 seconds and i'm completely soaked and just sitting there The starters ran for cover under a nearby EZup and just looked at us sitting in the rain, finally, they signaled to return to the pits. No more racing that day

Sunday morning it's still raining so i skipped both morning practices Race 13 was the second race of the day and things by that time were starting to dry pretty fast. Other than a few damp spots, the track was only a little wet in turn 3 and 11. I got 3rd out of 5 and added 1 more point.
    Race #11 am thunderbike, i got the worst start i could possibly get, ended up going into turn 1 dead last in my wave, did start in the last row tho so it's not so bad i guess I ended up in 4rth place out of 4 with no points. Also took another second off my lap times, not great but any improvement is better than no improvement.

I had a great time this weekend and again, thanks to those who helped out in the pits and thanks to those that hung out for the weekend to keep everyone company

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Twas a fun weekend

Nice Mark!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Twas a fun weekend

Awesome, Mark!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Twas a fun weekend

Keep up the good work, Mark. And thanks for the spin on the R1. It sure gets a lot of looks.

nice Tully

Great job Tully!!! You looked super smooth out there...I'll catch ya someday!!! Someday soon if I have anything to say about it!

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Twas a fun weekend

Originally posted by Ken C
    Keep up the good work, Mark. And thanks for the spin on the R1. It sure gets a lot of looks.
    SQUID!!! Ya coulda AT LEAST changed outta the sandals!!! And this is the guy running the ERC???

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Twas a fun weekend

Those were the new highly protective motorcycle boots designed to look exactly like sandals. You should see the riding pants and jacket they make that look just like shorts and a tank top.

Twas a fun weekend

Originally posted by Ken C
    No problem Ken, if i can make at least one trackday with it this year i'll let ya take it for a few laps.

Yamaha

Twas a fun weekend

R1 on the track, yeah baby!

Did you see the new RRWorld where Toye put the STOCK R1 in 11th place in the California Speedway superbike race? Pretty impressive bike!