Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 173

Vanson fyi

  1. #51
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,244

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Or even a $50 certificate for gas or even the track restaurant.
    VP pays $25 per weekend for contingency.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105 : CCS Atlantic, Mid Atlantic, South East, Florida, and WERA
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin/STS, K&N, Woodcraft

  2. #52
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,908

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    I suggest you go racing and be quick enough to turn down sponsors like you're suggesting. When that happens, I'll be happy to have this conversation with you.

    Until then, I suggest you gobble a tepid bowl of dicks.
    Your disrespect aside, I suggest you wash the sand out of you vagina and realize why the people here might be all "meh" when it comes to the topic of Vanson.


    FYI, my racing funds have been allocated toward a house and a family. If you'd like to supply a bike, I will gladly run circles around you with it.....and trust me, I can and will, even after 3 years off.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #53

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    VP pays $25 per weekend for contingency.
    Only if you buy a minimum of 5 gallons and not in all classes

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #54
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Because you have so many companies awarding you any cash amount in the AM rankings or even EX in most cases at a one track series.

    Vanson awarded every single AM champion. Including P-89L. A class that had one entry this entire year. And I don't mean one competitor all year. I mean there was one person who did one race in that class.

    Who else does that?
    I am not defending them and I'm just saying let's be a bit more thankful for the effort and money they put in our series. We should be welcoming that shit not criticize it.

    I would love to see 1/3 of what Vanson did from helmet sponsors. I would to love to have a $300 *instert helmet company here for them.

    Or even a $50 certificate for gas or even the track restaurant.

    Shit man you don't like them? Don't use them. But they are TRYING to HELP our series.
    They are trying to help their business...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  5. #55
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    If you'd like to supply a bike, I will gladly run circles around you with it.....and trust me, I can and will, even after 3 years off.
    I want to see this!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  6. #56
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Only if you buy a minimum of 5 gallons and not in all classes
    What are you gonna buy...a half gallon?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  7. #57

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    They are trying to help their business...
    Comparing to all the other sponsors who want to hurt their business? Wtf?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    What are you gonna buy...a half gallon?
    My point was I wish Sunoco did something like Vanson.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #58
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Comparing to all the other sponsors who want to hurt their business? Wtf?

    - - - Updated - - -



    My point was I wish Sunoco did something like Vanson.
    You are blinded by the vanson $$. Come back later after you place your order.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  9. #59

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You are blinded by the vanson $$. Come back later after you place your order.
    You are talking shit based out of imagination. They are giving money in your series. Can you argue that? NO
    They are very generous with the amount the are giving to the series. Can you argue that? NO.
    Do we need more companies that do that. Yes. Can you argue that? NO.
    Did you see me say I am buying anything from the or how awesome their products are? NO

    You have no argument. You said they are trying to help their business. That's what sponsoring a series/athlete has as a main goal. There is no debate. There is no in depth discussion. It's cut and clear.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #60
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    You are talking shit based out of imagination. They are giving money in your series. Can you argue that? NO
    They are very generous with the amount the are giving to the series. Can you argue that? NO.
    Do we need more companies that do that. Yes. Can you argue that? NO.
    Did you see me say I am buying anything from the or how awesome their products are? NO

    You have no argument. You said they are trying to help their business. That's what sponsoring a series/athlete has as a main goal. There is no debate. There is no in depth discussion. It's cut and clear.
    Dude. Nobody cares. Vanson sucks.

    And Butcher Bergs.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  11. #61

    Re: Vanson fyi

    If you don't care who supports the series you are competing in you are either really rich or a bad athlete. And I want to believe you are neither one of those.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If everyone doesn't care as you say what's the point of any company to sponsor our series. If nobody cares about our series then why nhms hosted. Do you see where this is heading..?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #62
    Bizarro Zoolander Petorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Windham NH
    Posts
    2,026

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Shit man you don't like them? Don't use them. But they are TRYING to HELP our series.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    You have no argument. You said they are trying to help their business. That's what sponsoring a series/athlete has as a main goal. There is no debate. There is no in depth discussion. It's cut and clear.
    Well which is it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #63
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,898

    Re: Vanson fyi

    I see where this is going: nowhere.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  14. #64

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I see where this is going: nowhere.
    Please tell me that YOU understand why it's important to have companies throwing money in the series.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #65
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    If you don't care who supports the series you are competing in you are either really rich or a bad athlete. And I want to believe you are neither one of those.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If everyone doesn't care as you say what's the point of any company to sponsor our series. If nobody cares about our series then why nhms hosted. Do you see where this is heading..?
    I will be taking advantage of series sponsors and contingency. Vanson "series sponsorship" means jack shit to me.

    Dude...they aren't throwing money into the series. They are providing Doucette with his 21st Vanson suit and the ROTY with one that doesn't fit. Sounds real useful.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by csmutty; 11-04-14 at 04:45 PM.
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  16. #66

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Well which is it?
    Companies give you money to get advertisement in return.
    How much you get is based on how much they are willing to spend and how much you are willing to do.

    I didn't hear Todd from Heroic throwing money at racers during the banquet.

    I appreciate those moves by those who support the series. Because I care about the series and the sport and that's how we are going to keep it alive.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #67
    go faster cdovego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Weymouth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,129

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Your disrespect aside, I suggest you wash the sand out of you vagina and realize why the people here might be all "meh" when it comes to the topic of Vanson.


    FYI, my racing funds have been allocated toward a house and a family. If you'd like to supply a bike, I will gladly run circles around you with it.....and trust me, I can and will, even after 3 years off.

    Are you asking me to sponsor you?

    I'd say all the same things to your face. Go educate myself, please. Go unicorn yourself and your excuses for why you can't while you tell others how to.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by cdovego; 11-05-14 at 08:39 AM. Reason: f*ck is too aggressive
    Central Mass Powersports #123

    1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

  18. #68

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I will be taking advantage of series sponsors and contingency. Vanson "series sponsorship" means jack shit to me.
    Yes you are an individual who doesn't care. What if a bunch of people start not caring about the contingencies you care about and they are taken away then? Don't be so selfish. Look at the biggest picture.

    I am not telling to go buy or advertise Vanson. But staying Vanson sucks for throwing money at lrrs is silly don't you think?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #69
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Companies give you money to get advertisement in return.
    How much you get is based on how much they are willing to spend and how much you are willing to do.

    I didn't hear Todd from Heroic throwing money at racers during the banquet.

    I appreciate those moves by those who support the series. Because I care about the series and the sport and that's how we are going to keep it alive.
    That's because Todd has bigger fish to fry.

    Bergs...I'll give you a bike. This could be interesting.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  20. #70
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Yes you are an individual who doesn't care. What if a bunch of people start not caring about the contingencies you care about and they are taken away then? Don't be so selfish. Look at the biggest picture.

    I am not telling to go buy or advertise Vanson. But staying Vanson sucks for throwing money at lrrs is silly don't you think?
    I'm not saying they suck because they threw money at LRRS. Am I saying I'm not going to make a big deal out of the fact that they threw money at LRRS? Yep.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  21. #71
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    They are giving money in your series. Can you argue that? NO
    Well, yes you can argue that and I did already a few posts ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Well, technically, they didn't dump 15k into LRRS. They awarded certificates which have no cash value, are not transferable and expire.

    Having won one, I appreciate that they did that, don't get me wrong, but it's not the same as if they had awarded me $200 cash per championship.
    It's great that Vanson is supporting us by essentially offering a discount to champions. It's not going to cost them much since a significant balance still has to be payed to buy a suit using the certificate. Also, I'm sure not all recipients will use their certificate before expiration.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  22. #72

    Re: Vanson fyi

    There is no point to explain this any more. I hope at least 1 person got it.
    For the rest I have tried and failed.
    You guys have a great rest of your evening and hope to see y'all healthy and smiling at the grids or stands next year.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #73
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,453

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    There is no point to explain this any more. I hope at least 1 person got it.
    For the rest I have tried and failed.
    You guys have a great rest of your evening and hope to see y'all healthy and smiling at the grids or stands next year.
    This sounds like your 401k thread.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  24. #74
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    There is no point to explain this any more. I hope at least 1 person got it.
    For the rest I have tried and failed.
    You guys have a great rest of your evening and hope to see y'all healthy and smiling at the grids or stands next year.
    Giving up already? Isn't this what "winter" on NESR is all about?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  25. #75
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,898

    Re: Vanson fyi

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Please tell me that YOU understand why it's important to have companies throwing money in the series.
    I do. Totally. All I am saying to anybody with certs (or anybody) that plans on getting some custom stuff from them is: have a backup plan.
    If you wanna walk in and get a suit off the rack this is a non issue.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vanson Custom Suit - questions for people familiar with Vanson
    By Subaruzi in forum General Track Day Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-18, 08:13 AM
  2. For Sale - Gear | VANSON WOMENS LEATHERS- VANSON ELECTRIC VEST- TONS OF OTHER STUFF--
    By Tricklidz in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-15, 08:24 AM
  3. Why buy Vanson?
    By ReeseSD in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-10, 10:48 AM
  4. Vanson
    By RandyO in forum Rides & Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-04, 07:20 PM
  5. OK so how was Vanson's
    By Jank in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-02, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •