Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Viper897 goes racing in 2016

Re: Viper897 goes racing in 2016

No more pink grips Doug. I upgraded to a pink sprocket!! And yes we do put on a nice spread.

Sidenote, Doug will you be coming up to visit us this year?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

I will be sure to visit the center garages so we can all put a name to a face.

It won't be hard to spot me, just look for the novice with the bigger trailer than is needed with a Moto GP level of support equipment (minus all those people working on my bike).

I do like the smell of bacon, and race fuel. Honestly hard to say which smells better.

Got more of the wiring harness done last night. Its actually starting to come back together. As I have said earlier I will try to get some photos of progress up on here but check out my instagram @viper897 for more up to date stuff.

Thanks again to all the support, advice, and encouragement.

Lifer

I bought and experimented with a 46T rear sprocket. The nice thing about the G1 SV is that parts are stupid cheap on fleabay. I picked up a whole carrier and had it mounted to swap in/out whenever I felt like it. Ran it a bunch in practice and just never gelled with that gearing. In the end I wound up going back to a 45T. Kind of remarkable how 1T in the rear can make that much of a difference.

The next big thing for me to work on was dropping a gear into 6 and catching an upshift on the exit. I knew I needed to learn to do this, but could never get it down. I think the 46T may have been more helpful there than anywhere else. Maybe out of 2 as well, my drives from 2 always sucked.

You've switched to GP shift, right? It really does help. I resisted that switch longer than I should have.

I think I have a 46 in my box somewhere. I also have 3 or 4 carriers. Hard to remember what I have when theres a lot of stuff.

I have not gone to GP shift yet. there are some things that need to happen before I switch. Part of the wait is I want it on both bikes. I need new rearsets first on the street bike.