Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VP problems

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Angry VP problems

am i the only one who thought that the prices were set? i could have sworn that someone told us that the price was gonna remain the same regardless if pump prices went up. the original price was supposed to be $3.25 p/gallon but then i paid $3.50p/gal in may and then $3.75 p/gal this past weekend. not to mention that their process for keeping track of you and your contingency is a guy with pen and paper means that i didnt get the $10 that i won in may so when i expected to pay $7.50 for 5 gallons i got the double surprise of having to pay full price and that price was more than it was the race before. i won $25 from them this past weekend so they better get it right for the classic. end of rant.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

VP problems

Yeah, I recall one of the points on going to the spec fuel was to keep the cost to the racer down and on a level playing field. I guess since the pump gas prices are rising it is only fair that VP prices rise. If they didn't VP would be taking a hit/loss and that doesn't make good business.

I hear ya though

VP problems

Al I have to say if that this VP thing is a bunch of bs!!! I have to run it but yet all of the classes that i run in for some reason don't pay. What kind of bullshit is this.

I am going to run pump gas and then tell them to get fucked when they test me.

The way I see it is they should just make "The dash for cash" race the only ones that need to run the VP. My guess is that the ones that were winning the $$ each week started to get shown up by guys running additives to boost HP and then it became big deal. Then they said hey wait a minute racing is costing me money again, and we need to fix that. Hence the VP thing.

I guess I had more than one thing to say. But hey i'm only novice and I don't count. Furthermore, the classes like P-twins and Motard are LRRS ONLY classes. The P-Twin guys made a stink and they got money. What the fuck do us DIRTBIKE guys need to do to get some of this money that we have to use their fuel for. If everyone in made to run the same fuel then everyone in every class should be eligible for some $$.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

VP problems

KB...they pay LW Sportsman...

The way you've run...you'd be eligible for at least $10 back per weekend (assuming you bought the 5 gal)

Brian
    LRRS/CCS EX #881
    WMRRA EX #281

VP problems

Production Twins doesn't pay out at all.

The gas I won was donated by a corner worker out of his own pocket.

We also can't benefit from super race gas being stock engines and all.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

VP problems

I pay 3.75/gallon for 87 octane pump gas out here. Blow me!

Boston --> San Diego

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    KB...they pay LW Sportsman...

The way you've run...you'd be eligible for at least $10 back per weekend (assuming you bought the 5 gal)
    NOT WHAT THE VP GUY SAID.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    I pay 3.75/gallon for 87 octane pump gas out here. Blow me!
    you dont count anymore

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Lifer

VP problems

This was discussed at the riders meeting.

Gas prices go up, and VP does too. Do you expect to pay less than pump gas for the VP? Everyone would be pulling their cars and trucks in and filling the tanks.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    NOT WHAT THE VP GUY SAID.

KB
    Then someone needs to get their stories straight. Here's the link from lrrsracing.com that is supposedly the "final word on fuel" from VP. http://www.lrrsracing.com/2007/Last_word_on_fuel.pdf

Brian
    LRRS/CCS EX #881
    WMRRA EX #281

VP problems

Then someone needs to get their stories straight. Here's the link from lrrsracing.com that is supposedly the "final word on fuel" from VP. http://www.lrrsracing.com/2007/Last_word_on_fuel.pdf
    Looks like some one has some splainin to do!!!

Thanks dood.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

VP problems

I sent "The Don" and email let's see what he has to say.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

VP problems

it doest say anything about gas prices .
    i still want my VP money!

and Jay, gas prices have gone down a little. im still paying under $3.00 p/gal

VP problems

BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

the vp price was supposed to be set at $3.25 a gallon!!!
    did anyone pay that---NOOOOO , because 1st race weekend it was $3.50 a gallon + no one was told of the price increase!!
    now it's up to $3.75 a gallon!!!

has pump gas gone up $.50 a gallon in the past 2 months? FUCK NOOO!!!!

+ I still haven't seen ANY FUCKIN' contingency yet even though I've got all 2nd place finishes in the paying classes on all race weekends so far!!!

MMRACER37 ? hey Mike, chime in on this will ya

Lifer

VP problems

When the VP plan was being put together I was paying around 2.50 and now I"m paying over 3, so yes it has gone up that much. I've gotten my contingency easily.

Like the whiner at the riders meeting was asked, 'were you expecting a personal e-mail daily with the VP prices?'

That must suck, you know, being forced to pay an extra $2.50 eight times a year. If you think about it that adds up to about $20 each season that could be put toward stuff like paying gate fees.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

VP problems

Now maybe you guys aren't getting contingency because you didn't fill out a contingency form. Maybe you should try solving your problems by talking to the VP rep instead of complaining here.

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    When the VP plan was being put together I was paying around 2.50 and now I"m paying over 3, so yes it has gone up that much. I've gotten my contingency easily.

Like the whiner at the riders meeting was asked, 'were you expecting a personal e-mail daily with the VP prices?'

That must suck, you know, being forced to pay an extra $2.50 eight times a year. If you think about it that adds up to about $20 each season that could be put toward stuff like paying gate fees.
    ive been helpin my friend racing his late model the last few months done here. while fuel is more expensive, it has yet to go up. just because regular fuel has gone up, that doesnt mean demand for race fuel has gone up. i dont think people are really pissed over the extra 2.50 a week, but they were told one thing which did not happen

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Lifer

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by daviid View Post
    ive been helpin my friend racing his late model the last few months done here. while fuel is more expensive, it has yet to go up. just because regular fuel has gone up, that doesnt mean demand for race fuel has gone up. i dont think people are really pissed over the extra 2.50 a week, but they were told one thing which did not happen
    What was that one thing?

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    What was that one thing?
    that fuel was going to be 3.25 a gallon on the first weekend. thats like telling me you will sell me a car for 1000$ and when i get there you want 1100$. its not alot of money but its the point.

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Lifer

VP problems

I wasn't there the first weekend so i can't say how much it was. I know $1.25 is not worth this kind of complaining though. People are just complaining for the sake of complaining about something. And they did say that the price was not set in stone and will fluctuate, cars aren't like that.

VP problems

I'm complaining because if I am forced to run VP for all my races they should pay out in all races and all classes.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

VP problems

Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    I'm complaining because if I am forced to run VP for all my races they should pay out in all races and all classes.

KB
    Obviously that would cost them more money than they make off selling the gas.

VP problems

According to that I am due $10 for a 3rd place the first race weekend in novice ULSB!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

VP problems

i guess the price thing isnt my big issue. its the contingency. yes, i did my part for the VP thing. there is no form to fill out. in fact its crossed off the form. i buy my fuel, i have my stickers and the guy on the segway checked them...twice. so wheres my money?

VP problems

well... the past two weekends when i went to buy fuel i just told the guy on the truck he should have me for a credit. he looked through some slips and i walked away with 5 gallons for $7 (free last time actually). i think now they are trying to organize it a bit different as in you have to go through tech and have them put you on the vp list (don't quote me on that) all i know is when i went to get checked out to make sure my other contingency stickers were on the bike he had a different sheet for VP. take it for what its worth.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast