Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

VP C12 .... drain it or not?

Should VPC12 be drained from the bike when it may sit in there for up to 3 weeks? I know I saw something on the NEAR list that said it does not need to be drained from the bike but I want to know what you guys do. So, if you are running VP C12 as your spec fuel do you drain it after a race weekend or leave it in there??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhackman View Post
    Should VPC12 be drained from the bike when it may sit in there for up to 3 weeks? I know I saw something on the NEAR list that said it does not need to be drained from the bike but I want to know what you guys do. So, if you are running VP C12 as your spec fuel do you drain it after a race weekend or leave it in there??

I've never drained c12 from my bike, but it has pre-mix in it

I've heard both drain and fog and don't bother. Sorry I can't be helpful...

Paul_E_D

Thanks for your input ... i will probably google this one and see what I come up with. Perhaps someone on the WERA boards would know.

This sounds like a motor break-in topic. You'll get 12 different answers from 12 different people.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Yeah, ya know what I have found thus far is that the VP guys will say drain the oxygenated fuels like U4 etc.. because they will gum or begin to gel as the oxygenates come out of the fuel. Since C12 is not oxygenated it appears not to be under this 'gelling' condition ... (there is a dr. sholes joke in there somewhere). Anyhow, I don't think there is anything to worry about with leaving it in the system.

I have C12 sitting in my bike from April and it won't be started again until the Loudon Classic.

I'm preeeeeetty damn sure my bike is going to fire right up and run just as fast.

Boston --> San Diego

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhackman View Post

If it's a carb. bike, just drain the carbs as you would with any fuel that will sit for weeks. If it's fuel injected, you're fine. C-12 is very stable.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.