Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What a weekend!!!!!!

What a weekend!!!!!!

Le-Mans style pit stops, we had that. Pre-race scrambles to to rebuild a wrecked bike, yep, had that too. Mid-race THRASHES to get our bike back back on the track after an on-track collision, oh yeah, that was us. For those of you who weren't there. You missed a chance to be involved in things you normally only see on TV.
    For those of you who did make it out......THANK YOU!!!!! Jay, Chris J, Mick, Adam, Jeff and Steve, JJ, Todd, Dan, Kevin and anyone else I missed. (Sorry guys it's midnight and its been a long 18 hr day).
    A special Thanks to the wives and girlfriends of the pit crew and riders, for putting up with our manical bullshit. And for not laughing at us for looking like a bunch of 10 year-olds in a candy store with a $5 bill.
    And last but not least......The Riders. Derrik, Gerard and Pete. Thank You. For making it an INCREDIBLE weekend and giving me a lifetime full of memories.
    Whoops, gotta go......Bus Number 3 just pulled up

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

I'm sore all over

....what a great weekend.

Thanks everybody.

degsy

What a weekend!!!!!!

Hey Guys,
    I told you I would come join after yesterday. I had a great time hanging and helping out . Anytime you guys need an extra hand, please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully I will see you guys on the 10th.

Steven

What a weekend!!!!!!

Originally posted by hawk
    Hopefully I will see you guys on the 10th.
    I'll be there! Woooooo hoooooo!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

What a weekend!!!!!!

gotta agree w/ Bill... what a frikkin' awesome day. don't know if it was just a usual raceday for y'all, but I had a blast. for my first NESR event, it was most excellent. glad to see the lunatic fringe is well represented here. Degsy / Gerard / Bill / Jay / Chris / etc (I'm lousy w/ names)-- great to meetcha, and put faces to the personalities. Mick-- great to see ya again, mate... been too f-ing long.

look forward to doing it again soon, and-- even better-- logging some miles w/ you lot.

thanx

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

What a weekend!!!!!!

What can I say but holy shit fun...Thanks everybody...More later

G

Gerard

Banned

What a weekend!!!!!!

Josh, first off, please send me that pic in hi res full size to dasinclair@attbi.com

Secondly, what happened was I passed two two strokers going into the bowl (much faster than them) and cut in for the apex. As I hit the apex, there was a huge jolt from the rear end and the bike stood upright and headed for the grandstand with me riding the bars superman style. I was still doing about 50 at this time. When I hit the gravel (which is more like a moonscape up there with 6 and 7 inch rocks mixed with dirt) the bike flipped and I smacked my head on the ground and slid to the wall. The bike hit the wall and the corner workers picked it up for me and started it and sent me on my way with it stuck in second gear.

P.S The jolt from the rear was the stroker guy smashing into the back of my bike. He went into the gravel also but stayed upright.

Degsy

Last edited by Degsy; 09-03-02 at 09:58 AM.

What a weekend!!!!!!

You guys did a great job. Fixing the bike in the Endurance race can be a bitch when you are racing against the clock. I should know, my brother's EX kept overheating last year. You guys did an awesome job fixing that bike though.

I would have helped out if I wasn't taking time for our team and getting ready for an incident. Our team (Team Sunday Drivers, with Brian Yoo, Chris Bruno, Paul Duval and another Brian who's lastname I didn't catch) finished 15th overall and 6th in class. We had no real big incidents either. Paul crashed in 3 but still got a 1:32 on that lap. We had 25-30second pitstops and found swapping a whole tank on the RS125 was faster than filling it.

The endurance races are the most fun of the whole year. They should have more.