Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2 fer 2

2 fer 2

Well, it was another classic Loudon Weekend. In the Vortex around the track, it doesn’t just rain… it FLOODS! Lisa and I went up Friday in hopes of getting some decent rain practice, which we did. After 2 dry sessions, the rain came, and they opened the track for the final 40 minutes to all riders. I circulated the whole time on last years rain tires and got it going pretty well. I did consistent times right in the 31 range, which is just a click or two off race pace. All was well.

We set up our tent and went out to dinner. It was pouring and our tent is worn out and tearing, so we got a room at the red roof and lived large for the first time in 5 years racing!!! Ahhh. It was nice.

Saturday brought even colder, harder rain. The first practice was so miserable that I skipped the second and just waited it out til 4:30 when my race went off. Almost no 125 experts even showed up, so it was uncontested. All I had to do was circulate and take the checkers for my 16 points. Of course, it’s never that easy. Just before my race they announced that there was gas in turn 2 and oil in 12 that could not be cleaned up. The coned off the first apex of twelve, and the second apex was standing water by this time. Out on the grid, it was just me and Paul Connelly in the expert group, but all the young kids were present in the amateur ranks. I rolled around just about 8 seconds out front so I could watch the race unfold behind me and not risk missing the 16 point haul.

The Bruce transportation bikes were there. And I had been hanging with that crew all weekend. Fantastic guys! Bruce’s son Brent Lyskawa (14) rode and crashed and rode some more with a huge smile on his face all weekend. I wish some adults could follow his example!!! Congrats to him for winning the amateur race and clocking the fastest lap of the race!

I pit with RRW young gun Shane Narbonne, and he had a good weekend in the rain, taking a second. My 125 rival and friend Zack Courts took his first win on the 600 and a fantastic 3rd in the Dash For Cash!

BTW- we never went in the tent… or even took it down.

Until next time…

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: 2 fer 2

Originally posted by Paul_E_D

BTW- we never went in the tent… or even took it down.

Until next time…
    I think it's under water now!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

possibly sliding towards the wall in (insert turn # here)

2 fer 2

I hear the Coast Guard has assumed jurisdiction over the infield.

LRRS #699

(Insert witty comment here)

2 fer 2

Originally posted by Dave B
    I hear the Coast Guard has assumed jurisdiction over the infield.
    I will vouche for this as I did see 2 CG cutters, 1 in turn 6 + 1 in turn 12, while leaving the track today !

oh ya, + cudo's on the EASY points Paul

2 fer 2

Hat's off you all who toughed it out in the wet.
    I was feeling wet even just looking out my window at home ! All I did was swap my stock brake lines for Goodridges and watch the 6 o'clock Moto GP race...
    awesome, awesome for all ye that taped it.

Paul, another good one to start the season...
    Its gonna be your year !

possibly sliding towards the wall in (insert turn # here)

2 fer 2

Let me tell you how fun it is to hook up a tow strap to the frame of your truck when the water level is all the way up to the fram itself....

LRRS #699

(Insert witty comment here)

2 fer 2

ring ding ding ding ding.

Dat's the sound of Paul leading the 125 ChampeeONship.

Boston --> San Diego