Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

my last weekend racing for 10 months

Banned

Thanks to everyone who showed up on saturday and sunday. What a great turnout! You guys have no idea how awesome it feels to have such a huge following. It gives me such a great incentive to do well when I see familiar faces in the bowl, turn 3, turn 1 and turn 12. I can see you guys and pick you out during a race no problem and it spurs me on to go faster and faster.

I didn't get to personally shake the hands of a few of you, but I knew who was there and I appreciate you being there, thanks!

My first weekend in the junior/expert class was a great experience. The difference racing with the pros is amazing and it is a great learning experience when one of them goes by you and you get to follow them for a turn or two. Remember, the top racers at Loudon are running 1:11's and 1:12's which is AMA superbike standard, so I can get a good idea of what will be expected of me when I eventually make it to the national series (which I have every intention of doing, I may be 35 but I am still improving by 1 second per race weekend). I had never before run a 1:19 lap at Loudon and in my second race as a junior I ran 5 laps in the 1:19's and 11 laps in the 1:20's in the GTO race against the 750's (I came in 4th in the GTO race) http://www.lrrsracing.com/images/pdf...28-29/Sat4.PDF . I found out that I can outbrake ANYONE at Loudon into turn 1 (Des Conboy, Jeff Wood included as I was held up by both of them after they went past me into that turn on seperate laps) which is very encouraging. In 3 of my 6 races this weekend I was the first Honda to finish (experts included) so I think that the old F4 is nearing the limits as far as lap times are concerned. I believe the bike could do 1:17's at best. I have put a deposit on a 2003 CBR600RR. I may buy it next year and I may not, still undecided. All in all I got 31 points this weekend and I need a total of 65 to go to expert class.

Many thanks to all those who bought tickets for the raffle which raised $175 which we donated to the Karen Hornbecker memorial fund for injured riders. http://www.lrrsracing.com/injured_riders.htm

As it turned out that donation was very lucky for the team as it raised our reputation a little bit with the officials at Loudon and got us a get-out-of-jail-free card.

I have to say a special thanks to Paul (Mr. X) who worked tirelessly this weekend helping out on the bikes, and also to Bill (Rabid1) who as usual was a workdog for us and came up with the idea of the platform we had for the bikes (it was raining hard on friday). Congratulations to Dan (criminalspeed) who took the plunge and did a fine job in his first real race on Sunday, good job Dan!! If you had realised that you get 40 minutes of free practise on Sunday morning you would have got much better lap times I am sure. I will NEVER forget the grin on your face when you came off the track after that race (it was priceless!!). I think you have the bug dude "The force is strong in this one" as they say!!

I am very, very sore from the racing this week (need Motrin, now!)
    but I vow to work on my strength and stamina this winter so I can go into the latter part of the next race year with more upper body strength and less belly than this year.

I made up some framed pics for the people who were helping out week in/week out just a gesture of how much I appreciate your help. Also, thank to all you guys and girls who show up when you can (Mick, Mark, MarkB, Chip, Jen, Ed, Beet etc etc) as I know you Guys have busy schedules and I realise you make a great affort ty travel very, very far to get to Loudon. Looking forward to next year.

Degsy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Degsy; 10-01-02 at 08:01 PM.

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Degs you definatley are "THE MAN".

It was great to finally make it up there with Double "D" and the rest of the crew to see you race. It makes all the difference in the world when you do it because you love the sport, and we can see it.

Best of luck, and I am hoping to see many more and that first place spot that we all know you WILL get.

Banned

Thanks Jim

..and great to see you both there.

degsy

Our pleasure Degs.. hopefully next year we can get up there more often and be a bigger part of the NESR race team.... hopefully a couple of the weekends I can get off work and put my truck n trailer to use and tow you guys and your gear up there to help you guys out a bit..... and if you are in need of someone to help you train over the winter let me know.....

Degs,

Congratulations man. I didn't get to shake your hand, but I'm sure I will get plenty of chances next season. I was lucky to hook up with some guys and girls from NB (chip, jim, jen, and tracy), and who can forget those two guys from RI... (sevens, and racya)

It was my first race and Chip has the pictures to prove how excited I was Good luck with the workout this winter. Just stay away from the turkey at thanksgiving....

I will also miss Derek next year. He was a huge inspiration to me this year. I am looking forward to meeting more of you next season. I had a family engagement on Sunday that was the reason for the no show. I am posting the race schedule to all of my friends and family next year, so this won't happen again. It sounds like this was the largest turnout yet from the peeps from NESR south where i live. We all need to hook up soon (yes even you Chip) See you all soon

Gerard

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

way to go, Degs. sorry I couldn't make it up for the grand hurrah, but most excellent start to your new class. look forward to catching you in action some more next season.

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Hahahahhah yeah G we'll have to get together again sometime before next season so you can drop your brand new bike off again to someone you've never met (did I ever show you the burn out pics on it? LOL) glad you guys had fun and like I said I hope to be able to help out more next year....

PS

G if you show me some lines around the track (if I get to do a trackday) I'll let ya borrow some of my stunt vids to watch and STUDY... lol

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Degs, It was a pleasure to meet you and a thrill to watch you race. It was worth the 500 mile round trip I made on Sunday to hook up with the NESR team. Hope to make it up there a few more times next year. Best of luck to you.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

I have to say the same as the rest GREAT FN JOB I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR It's been cool so far ridin wit southern NESR members, yes even you Rui, and a trip hanging, Gerard anytime you wanna go ridin let me know I'm right in Warwick...Man I can't wiat till next season forget watchin on TV I'm gonna try to make it to most of the races.........

Degsy Degsy Degsy da man

if he cant do it nobuddy can i show my friends your pix & tell um your 1 fast fer so now i got a wringer damm i need a proof reader

Last edited by beet; 10-02-02 at 05:13 PM.
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Ditto what everyone else said. Degs you da man!!!!!
    I don't think the competition would stand a chance with you on a 600RR. Can't wait for next race season. Hopefully I can make it to more races.

'04 600RR

Degsy, i dint get to shake your hand but you gave me a inside look at racing that TV could never show me, and im gonna try to be a regular at the races next year

nada
    confusius says " gardrails can hurt like a motherfucker "