Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NESR 2004

Banned

NESR 2004

Well, there's been a lot of hoo-haa recently about who will be riding/pitting etc with NESR racing next year. I would really like to get things out in the open on the forum here so that we can get some plans in place for the future.

Some of what I say here may rub people the wrong way, but understand that I am only trying to get a handle on what's really going on and what people's intentions are. Some of this is third-hand knowledge, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I know:

Riders:

Jay - Racing with NESR at LRRS
    Gary - Racing with NESR at LRRS
    Lou - Racing with NESR at LRRS
    Gerard - Racing with NESR racing at LRRS
    Mike - Racing with Collision Pros
    Kip - Racing with Collision Pros

Crew:
    Chris - Cannot committ to a full season as team manager next year.
    Gordon - Crewing for NESR racing
    Steve - Crewing for NESR racing
    Rye - Crewing for NESR racing
    Adam - Crewing for NESR racing
    Ed - Crewing for NESR racing (when available due to personal committments)

I would at this time like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Chris for doing a great job this year as Team Manager, and I hope next year he can get to the track and see us at least a few times.

I want to wish Mike all the best in his venture as Collision Pros Racing team owner, and I sincerely hope that NESR Racing and Collision Pros Racing remain pitting alongside each other in the future.

I want to also be one of the first to congratulate Kip on being chief tester for Collision Pros Racing. Good luck buddy.

I was somewhat dismayed to come back from Europe to see all the threads that had started up on NESR in the off-topic section and in the racing forum. I think it's pretty childish to argue publicly in such a personal way. I'm guilty of it in the past also, but I think we should all make a concerted effort to get along with each other or keep your differences private and off the forums. Because of the way things were going I did think about dissassociating myself from NESR completely fearing that future potential sponsors might check out the site and be put off by the juvenility of it all. After careful consideration and last race weekend I feel that I want to stay with this great team and continue to race under the NESR name. This was mostly due to me looking back and remembering how this all started, Jay and I standing in the pouring rain at Loudon under 1 small e-z-up with a bag of tools and no clue how to register/tech/grid or anything. When I think of how far we have come it makes me want to stick around and see what else we can achieve.

I will most likely be racing in the WERA series next year but I would like to represent NESR in other parts of the country as I travel around from track to track. I also hope that other team members from NESR Racing will join me on occasion at other tracks for a guest appearance in the WERA series.

I have spoken with Jay and we have some plans for new personnel within the team. Details as soon as thay are finalised.

Degs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Degsy; 08-20-03 at 02:58 PM.

Re: NESR 2004

Originally posted by Degsy
    ...This was mostly due to me looking back and remembering how this all started, Jay and I standing in the pouring rain at Loudon under 1 small e-z-up with a bag of tools and no clue how to register/tech/grid or anything. When I think of how far we have come it makes me want to stick around and see what else we can achieve.
    RAIN??? SNOW!!! Someone's GOTTA have a pic of THAT!!!

Yeah, it's amazing to see how much this has grown, and it's exciting to see where we're gonna be. I have every intention of seeing this thing through, and I think that what we have in mind for next year is gonna work out to be incredibly exciting for all involved...

I know that my lack of actually racing has been a let down to summa you, but thanks for being understanding (kinda ). Believe me when I tell ya that it was a HUGE disappointment TO ME that I wasn't able to put more effort into my racing efforts, but that'll all change next year...

Who knows? Maybe I'll make a guest appearance at wunna Degsy's WERA events in the new NESR Racing Courtesy Van and race along side him once or twice...

I'm very much looking forward to next year. (Not that THIS year's over yet!)

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: NESR 2004

Originally posted by Degsy
    I want to wish Mike all the best in his venture as Collision Pros Racing team owner, and I sincerely hope that NESR Racing and Collision Pros Racing remain pitting alongside each other in the future.

I want to also be one of the first to congratulate Kip on being chief tester for Collision Pros Racing. Good luck buddy.
    HAHA! Is that what you're calling it now, Kip? Chief Tester?

I'd also like to make it clear to everyone that Mike & I have aired it out amongst us, and I wish him (and Kip) the best of luck with Collision Pros Racing...

...I'll still be dicking your bikes when you're not looking...

NESR 2004

I would also like to wish Mike, Kip and Collision Pros the best.

peace

NESR 2004

For what it's worth, *I* edited this thread. I want very much for this to stay ON TOPIC, and I'm not looking to dig up old skeletons...

Thanks...

old skeletons?

I edited this post....

THIS SUCKS......

Last edited by GMS1000; 08-20-03 at 02:23 PM.

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

NESR 2004

My loyalty will always be with the NESR race team. I know I haven't been to the track in a while (due to family commitments and trailering issues. I plan on making the last 2 race weekends and more of a commitment for the following year. I appreciate all the help I received from the NESR race team.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Re: old skeletons?

Originally posted by GMS1000
    I edited this post....

THIS SUCKS......
    What sucks????

I will be racing with NESR.

Gerard

NESR 2004

the fact that I'm getting censored for understanding why mike and kip went there own way.
    the fact that there was a reply that was deleted before I got a chance to read it.

this shit is getting ugly and i'm not having any of it.

move over Bob

NESR 2004

Is there room for any new riders to carry the nesr name

Yamaha

Banned

NESR 2004

Originally posted by R7
    Is there room for any new riders to carry the nesr name
    Yes, you are in. Now when can we prep the R7 for the endurance race? Mike, any chance you can paint one more NESR bike for a good price, Mark's R7 ;-))

degs

NESR 2004

I guess the mini R7 can be painted NESR colors but the real one is staying in it's plastic bubble That (the mini) can be used as the official pit bike as well
    The stock colors of my new race bike (don't have yet but should any day now) is the NESR team color
    Looking forward to next season

Yamaha

Thumbs up So cool!

I'm very excitied for all of the racers in and around the NESR setup, including Collision Pros, Double Apex, my good friend Bob M., etc.

I am especially happy for R7 going racing. I know you're going to have an absolute BLAST on a supermotard, and you sure got a good one! Make sure you get out in some of the GP Singles races to piss of the guys on RS125's. (They hate youse guys as they can't seem to get around your superwide elbows in the corners, and big SM bikes outpower the GP bikes going up T4.) GREAT choice to get started, and no reason not to just stick with it.

WERA huh? Best of luck to you Degsy! Getting onto other tracks can only help you get MUCH faster at NHIS. Seen it many times.

I hope to continue to be a friend to all, through my photo work. And I ain't going anywhere NEAR that RV with my cigars!

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

NESR 2004

Where's your name Degs?

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486