Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Wishing #642 Philkinson well

iTrader Score

Wishing #642 Philkinson well

Fellow NESRian,Philkinson, went down in turn 6 late Sunday. Hoping you're well and we'll get to see you in October.

3 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Wishing #642 Philkinson well

Hope he's well.

1 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

I'm okay! Thank you for the wishes! I hurt like hell, spent a day in the trauma unit and have to wear a neck brace for 4 to 6 weeks, but it could always have been worse.

Now, given that I have a neck injury, I would love for someone to field my next question?
    Why wasn't my helmet eject system used? You know, the thing we are all required to have in case of neck injury?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed!
    CCS/LLRS AM #642

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

iTrader Score

Jeez! I saw the Facebook post and was hoping you were alright. Glad to see you are. Relatively at least.

And I from what I've heard the eject systems are never used, and when they are, they fail. It's basically a money racket.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2007 Kawasaki EX650

iTrader Score

I guess I can thank my unique to LRRS regulation 6 inch number plates for keeping me safe

but seriously, I don't want to take anything away from the medical team. I'm still here thanks to them so they did a great job. I'm just a little butt (and neck) hurt that the eject wasn't used.

Quote Originally Posted by BMMCBR View Post
    Jeez! I saw the Facebook post and was hoping you were alright. Glad to see you are. Relatively at least.

And I from what I've heard the eject systems are never used, and when they are, they fail. It's basically a money racket.

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LLRS AM #642

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Glad to hear you're all right..

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
    I guess I can thank my unique to LRRS regulation 6 inch number plates for keeping me safe

but seriously, I don't want to take anything away from the medical team. I'm still here thanks to them so they did a great job. I'm just a little butt (and neck) hurt that the eject wasn't used.
    Heal up, bring a proposal to the rules meeting prior to the Banquet in Nov.

2 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post

Reach out to Richard Bowman on Facebook, and ask him for some insight into why it wasn't used. He runs Speedway Safety, and in the past he has encouraged racers to ask him if they have questions about their services. Maybe he can shed some light on it?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Philly is a tough guy, i was never to worried i had a bad crash in the bowl last year and got knocked out. The emt's took great care of me but also did not use my eject system. My neck thankfully was ok and i got away with just a concussion. I wanted to give my thanks to everyone that came over to our pits and helped me clean up all of phills stuff and all the well wishes for the boke ass.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS AM #329
    Thank you to my 2017 sponsors: Vortex, Zero Gravity, Bazzaz, Edgewood market, and BELL helmets!!! https://www.bellhelmets.com/