Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder if my 1500 ram can pull this?

I wonder if my 1500 ram can pull this?

Before I worked for GM, I was at an independant shop who serviced/rebuilt diesels, The best engine by far for it's time was the Detroit Diesel 71 series...also known as the Grey Marine line.

The 6-71 was an inline 6, displaced 71 cu/in per hole, was a 2 stroke, and made 225 to 300 hp, with 525 ft/lb torque, depending on what size injectors you used. It had bigger brothers too. The 8V, 10V, and 12V-71. These engines have been around for a very long time, and are still being used today.

They have been since replaced by the 92 series. The superchargers used on these engines where also "borrowed" and were used on your typical hotrod, topfuelers, and other applications.

Here's a pic of one in a marine application, you can see the 'blower" hanging on the right side of the engine, under the intake screen housing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TLRMan; 05-05-07 at 11:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12