Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WSBK 2019 (spoilers)

WSBK 2019 (spoilers)

Well, this is going to get interesting. I'm not a fan of Rea. He has always just been a bit arrogant IMO. He has compared himself with the best of GP. Well, how did that spanking feel?! The BS stops when the green flag drops.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: WSBK 2019 (spoilers)

That was an old fashion ass whoopin

They did take 1100 rpms away from the Kawasaki. And it's just the 1st race weekend. But still he did get his butt kicked.

That was like me trying to follow you at loudon paul lol

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Well, this is going to get interesting. I'm not a fan of Rea. He has always just been a bit arrogant IMO. He has compared himself with the best of GP. Well, how did that spanking feel?! The BS stops when the green flag drops.
    I was grinning. If the boys don’t find a way to keep AB19 in sight this could be a repeat of Spies WSBK season of domination.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    They did take 1100 rpms away from the Kawasaki.
    I thought that was last year.

My bad your correct. They actually gave the kawasaki 500 back this year.. so it makes the ass whopping even woser. I guess Rea was whining peaty good about the Ducati after the race. But unless the rest of them are sandbagging he just got beat by a better rider. Still early yet we will see how it goes would be more entertaining year at least...

Didn't catch first race yet but they already spoiled it with their emails. I know last year was the Jonathan Rea Show so this sounds exciting...

For some reason I can't renew my monthly VideoPass, they are only letting me do a full season, anyone else do VideoPass and get this? Although full season will be a fair bit cheaper.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

15 seconds is a god-damned flogging

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    15 seconds is a god-damned flogging
    Would have been 20 if he didn't coast to the finish line.

Paul_E_D

I’d hoped Comcast would have picked up the coverage again through Bein. Guess I chose poorly. How much of that gap from 1st to 2nd place do you think was rider and how much was the bike?

Based on the other Ducati rider's results, I would say it was all rider. Compared to the Kawi, I would say the Duc had an advantage on the straights, and the Kawi had it in the corners. Generally, when that is the case, it's easier to win on the faster bike. But 20 seconds over the most dominant bike/rider in the last 5 years. That's impressive as hell from BOTH rider and bike.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Based on the other Ducati rider's results, I would say it was all rider. Compared to the Kawi, I would say the Duc had an advantage on the straights, and the Kawi had it in the corners. Generally, when that is the case, it's easier to win on the faster bike. But 20 seconds over the most dominant bike/rider in the last 5 years. That's impressive as hell from BOTH rider and bike.
    Chaz finishing 7th and nearly 30 seconds behind AB19 speaks volumes about Bautista’s abilities. I’m hoping he destroys the field all season.

And the spanking continues..

It's going to get boring soon. But a good boring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

Why does one guy in red dominating over one guy doing the same in green make it better boring?

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Why does one guy in red dominating over one guy doing the same in green make it better boring?
    Well. The racing got boring when rea was winning everything . So...

Paul_E_D

Is Bautista that good? The fact Davies is so far off makes me think he is?

Bautista had good equipment in MotoGP and got good results on occasion. Then he would lose his rhythm and be unable to buy a podium, or would have to take massive risks to do it. Hoping that happens again and we get some good racing. I've watched 4 of 6 races so far, and his race craft is boring. As soon as Rea started fighting back, he backed off and waited for a straightaway, if he wasn't falling off his motorcycle. But can I blame him for using the strengths of his bike?

I always liked Rea. What I liked about him was that he stuck with Honda for so many years, even though he was way way way too good for that bike. He never blamed the bike, he fought as hard as possible every race, and when things aligned he was able to win on a bike that absolutely no one else could. Once he got on good equipment, he finally go the results he deserved. You can't blame him for winning...that's his job. What I like more about Rea is how much he loves to scrap. Doesn't matter how much he is leading the championship, if someone is able to go with him, he is always down to fight it out. If he doesn't have the pace, he fights for 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Arrogance is part of this sport. I like the fact that some like him and some don't. He's like a WWE bad guy.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 03-24-19 at 09:15 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

The one good thing about Bautista is that since he is so far ahead they don't need to film him and they can focus on the awesome racing going on for the minor places. I'll watch that all year.

Final thought. I really don't like when riders that can't make it in the top class down grade to the lower classes. I'd rather see that spot go to someone working their way up. So I have a chip on my shoulder against Bautista and Melandri. Also Fenati, Sam Lowes, and Redding. But I get it. It's their job. They probably didn't make enough money to just hang it up.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 03-24-19 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Final thought. I really don't like when riders that can't make it in the top class down grade to the lower classes. I'd rather see that spot go to someone working their way up. So I have a chip on my shoulder against Bautista and Melandri. Also Fenati, Sam Lowes, and Redding. But I get it. It's their job. They probably didn't make enough money to just hang it up.
    Hmm. I think it keeps the series more competitive. Plus. Staying in motogp ain't easy. Retiring after a lifetime of training and investment doesn't seem fair, or particularly smart.

Paul_E_D

Maybe some guys never belonged in Moto GP to begin with?

Works both ways. It does keep the WSBK guys on their toes when GP guys enter the series. I'm not sure anyone expected an AMA guy (Spies) to utterly fucking dominate WSBK when he moved up (including racing against former GP star Biaggi at that time). Then he went on and did basically nothing in GP, injuries aside in that comment FYI.

I'd rather see the 'seasoned' riders moving into WSBK than watch someone like Mladin (or Rea) consistently win and cherry-pick their series without moving on to higher level racing, and making room for the up and coming riders you mention.

Rea has got to be shitting himself right now with the ass whooping he is receiving. Hopefully, for the season, he eventually rises to the challenge in front of him.

This is a pretty good article touching on the jump between classes, and why someone wouldn't bump up to GP. Remember, Rea had top ten finishes on his 2 appearances on a Repsol Honda.

A WSB bike faster than a MotoGP bike? | Motor Sport Magazine

I think Rea has tapped out the potential of the Kawi, not sure he will ever run with Bautista. He is still one step up on everyone else in the paddock.

The new Ducati absolutely rips out of corners. I'm hoping Davies can come to grips with it and get in the mix. I was thinking about it a bit more. Davies spent the past 5 years on a V-twin Ducati. Bautista has spent the past 2 seasons riding a V-4 Ducati.

Also, Rea has been nothing but gracious in defeat (at least in post race interviews).

This is a pretty good article touching on the jump between classes, and why someone wouldn't bump up to GP. Remember, Rea had top ten finishes on his 2 appearances on a Repsol Honda.

A WSB bike faster than a MotoGP bike? | Motor Sport Magazine

I think Rea has tapped out the potential of the Kawi, not sure he will ever run with Bautista. He is still one step up on everyone else in the paddock.

The new Ducati absolutely rips out of corners. I'm hoping Davies can come to grips with it and get in the mix. I was thinking about it a bit more. Davies spent the past 5 years on a V-twin Ducati. Bautista has spent the past 2 seasons riding a V-4 Ducati.

Also, Rea has been nothing but gracious in defeat (at least in post race interviews).
    Johnny has been my favorite since the Honda days. Everything Jay said is everything I would've said. I haven't thought that he was cocky, he's always very gracious in victory and defeat.
    Reasons for not going to Motogp? Why be a back marker on a non competitive bike when you can win races and set records?
    Got my autographed Johnny on a Repsol photo right next to my autographed Nicky on a Repsol. WSBK 2019 (spoilers)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast