Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Different VP Fuel at the track this weekend?

Different VP Fuel at the track this weekend?

UPDATE: There will be VP at the track, just from a different vendor. Sorry for the false alarm!

I just got back from Steve's place to pick up some C12 for tomorrow, and he told me he won't be selling VP fuel at NHMS this weekend.

Normally I would let the higher powers make such announcements, but with the weekend fast approaching, I think those who are expecting to buy from him this weekend should know ahead of time that he won't be there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by rolker; 04-13-11 at 01:42 PM. Reason: New info
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

re: Different VP Fuel at the track this weekend?

hmmm... is this news really just coming out now?

I don't know the count, but I thought a big percentage of the paddock needed this fuel?

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Roland, thanks for the heads up.
    To my knowledge VP are supposed to be there as well. Will check with NHMS.

RE Sunoco race fuels were announced back in Feb time frame
    Two new fuels have been added that are very similar to the VP C12 and Street VBlaze 100.
    1. Sunoco Supreme (112 Octane, Leaded) - similar to C12
    2. Sunoco 260 GT (100 octane, Unleaded) - similar to Street VBlaze100

From the rule book - All riders must use an approved spec fuel.
    7.2.1.1 There are 2 locations that racers can purchase fuel off of NHMS property only the PREMIUM gas is approved; One is 91 Octane at the Shell station approximately 1 mile from NHMS to the South; The other is 93 Octane at the Gulf station approximately 1 mile to the South of the Speedway on Route 106.
    7.2.1.2 There are 2 Sunoco fuels that will be for sale at NHMS prior to and during the events; Sunoco Supreme (112 Octane, Leaded); and Sunoco 260 GT (100 octane, Unleaded).
    7.2.1.3 There are 2 VP fuels approved and they will be available for sale at the race track during the events; VP C12 and VP Blaze 100.

Last edited by xsiliconkid; 04-13-11 at 12:05 PM.
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

We have had a call in to VP for a couple of days now to try to guarantee some streetblaze at LRRS this weekend. I was under the impression that someone from VP PA was coming up.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Luckily, I put a Private order in for the two riders I know who need streetblaze. I'll have their gas on Friday.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

VP put together a deal to make the track a VP dealer. Talking to Tom Blanchette, there is a truck on it's way up to the track right now with fuel for the weekend. There will be some Sunoco options as well. The track is also working on getting a 93 Octane pump in the pits that is priced at street pricing - hopefully by mid season. Absolute worst case if something happens to the VP truck, there will be 2 sources (one in Loudon and one in Concord) that you can get the fuel.

However, everything should be good. An advantage to this is that now people can get VP on track days as well....

Last edited by Woodcraft; 04-13-11 at 01:24 PM.

Banned

Cool. Thanks for the update. Now I don't need to bring any up. Savesmrs a special trip to the cape.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    VP put together a deal to make the track a VP dealer. Talking to Tom Blanchette, there is a truck on it's way up to the track right now with fuel for the weekend. There will be some Sunoco options as well. The track is working on getting a 93 Octane pump in the pits that is priced at street pricing - hopefully by mid season.

So in the end, everything should be good. An advantage to this is that now people can get VP on track days as well....
    I just want to confirm this. When I show up for a trackday monday morning, I will have no problem purchasing the 112 octane leaded fuel be it VP or sunoco that my bike requires? I ask because I have never before seen the pumps open at a trackday, or speedway staff around other than checking in at the gate, and I don't want to show up and be out the money and trouble because I don't have fuel.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I was under the impression that someone from VP PA was coming up.
    Ah, this would explain things...

If it is indeed the case that there will be VP available, but from a different vendor, I apologize for sounding the alarm without knowing all the facts.

Ok, saw the other replies, thanks for clearing things up!

Last edited by rolker; 04-13-11 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Read more replies
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rolker
    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I was under the impression that someone from VP PA was coming up.
    Ah, this would explain things...

If it is indeed the case that there will be VP available, but from a different vendor, I apologize for sounding the alarm without knowing all the facts.
    Better safe than sorry Roland. Thanks for informing us.

so i cant buy 91 octane or 93 from anywhere and use it?? does not make sense

Quote Originally Posted by mmarsden View Post
    so i cant buy 91 octane or 93 from anywhere and use it?? does not make sense
    If you're RACING with LRRS, you need to use LRRS approved gas or risk fore-fitting results for the weekend. LRRS has a gas testing regimen, and the only way for it to work with pump gas is to limit the sources allowed due to the huge variations out there.

If you're attending a track day, run what you want.

im racing for the first time this year and i completely understand the testing as far as having different fuel and getting an advantage would be an issue but if your running lower octane fuel i just cant seem to see the logic behind it?? thx for the reply

Lifer

im racing for the first time this year and i completely understand the testing as far as having different fuel and getting an advantage would be an issue but if your running lower octane fuel i just cant seem to see the logic behind it?? thx for the reply
    The logic is, if you can't standardize the fuel, you can't distinguish between any different fuels that don't test the same as the approved fuel samples. Whether it's lower grade, higher grade, or piss, it will not conform.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

wow just wondering but if ur gonna be a dink- i am riding a yellow ducati ss and would love to meet you face to face....

just kidding--- are the prices at the stations that sell the lower grades crazy or are they reasonable??

Lifer

just kidding--- are the prices at the stations that sell the lower grades crazy or are they reasonable??
    They're regular gas stations with regular prices.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    I just want to confirm this. When I show up for a trackday monday morning, I will have no problem purchasing the 112 octane leaded fuel be it VP or sunoco that my bike requires? I ask because I have never before seen the pumps open at a trackday, or speedway staff around other than checking in at the gate, and I don't want to show up and be out the money and trouble because I don't have fuel.
    If you're talking about a Tonys Track Day... I generally do not go through the hassle of opening the gas pumps.

99 percent of our riders run normal pump gas, so it was never needed.

I will talk to the track and see if there is an easy way. Ideally, if they could just add a credit card swipe, that would perfect.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    If you're talking about a Tonys Track Day... I generally do not go through the hassle of opening the gas pumps.

99 percent of our riders run normal pump gas, so it was never needed.

I will talk to the track and see if there is an easy way. Ideally, if they could just add a credit card swipe, that would perfect.
    Nope, talking in generals. I've never seen the pumps open at any trackday that i've ever done at NHMS/NHIS. I'm just looking for a solid confirmation so I don't show up expecting to be able to purchase gas and be SOL to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    If you're RACING with LRRS, you need to use LRRS approved gas or risk fore-fitting results for the weekend. LRRS has a gas testing regimen, and the only way for it to work with pump gas is to limit the sources allowed due to the huge variations out there.

If you're attending a track day, run what you want.
    The logic was posted directly above your request for logic...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

To expand on the logic.
    In any spec fuel program (like LRRS)in testing the fuel, allowing for pump gas is very difficult. Every blend, brand, and gas station can be different. At LRRS we figured out a way to allow pump gas by restricting the stations the gas comes from. This way racers do not have to pay for the more expensive race gas if not needed (as was the case in the first year of the Spec Fuel Program)

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Re: Different VP Fuel at the track this weekend?

Thread renamed at Rolker's request.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Re: Different VP Fuel at the track this weekend?

FWIW, I was able to buy a 5 gallon pail of C12 from Nate out of the back of his truck next to the scales garage at the track on Friday afternoon for $60. No other signs of VP vendors here this weekend. Something about a conflict with New England Dragway. Regardless, as was posted earlier, NHMS does in fact sell C12 (and Street Blaze) VP Fuel at the track, but on a limited basis (i.e. buying opportunities).