Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ZX6R Case Covers?

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Question ZX6R Case Covers?

At LRRS tech this past weekend, I was informed that they are now requiring a race case cover on the right (clutch cover) side of my ZX6R starting next race weekend. I have one on the left side already.
    I have looked high and low and can't find anyone who sells hardened case covers for the clutch cover for a 2003 ZX6R. They make them for the left, and they make a small cover for part the right side, but not the clutch cover area, which is specifically where the guy in tech pointed to.
    The one thing I did find is a carbon fiber cover that goes over the existing stock case cover and sticks on with double sided tape. I doubt this is what the guys in tech had in mind.
    I know there are a few of you who run ZX6Rs...did you get the same lecture from tech? Have you found a solution?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ZX6R Case Covers?

No one said anything to me at tech. I don't think anyone makes that cover.

Mike 37

ZX6R Case Covers?

Next time you go through tech and he busts your balls ask him where he suggests you buy this part that doesnt exist.

Ive only done two race weekends and at least for me the guys have busted my balls each time. I have not had a time yet where they didnt make me go 3+ times.

ZX6R Case Covers?

yea i've never heard of needing an actual hardened clutch cover, i have a right side woodcraft on my R6 but it isn't the clutch cover itself

i'm not very mechanically inclined....goes over the cam chain maybe? haha i dunno theres a small chain and some oil behind it

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

ZX6R Case Covers?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As far as the guys in tech, personally I've had no problems with them. They have always been very resonable to me, they are a decent bunch.

Everybody to the limit!

ZX6R Case Covers?

Quote Originally Posted by xxdcmast View Post
    Next time you go through tech and he busts your balls ask him where he suggests you buy this part that doesnt exist.

Ive only done two race weekends and at least for me the guys have busted my balls each time. I have not had a time yet where they didnt make me go 3+ times.
    If Pete can get that pile of parts he calls an EX500 through tech the first time, I don't even wanna imagine what kind of rate bike you're trying to squirrel through tech. Do you need a forklift to get it there?

ZX6R Case Covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    If Pete can get that pile of parts he calls an EX500 through tech the first time, I don't even wanna imagine what kind of rate bike you're trying to squirrel through tech. Do you need a forklift to get it there?
    My bike is in pretty good shape it is by no means a pile of parts. The bike was a race bike before I bought and was race by an amature up at loudon.

This past weekend I went through tech and the guy told me I couldnt pass because I had the safety pin type clips on the axle and oil fill. He said that it would allow the piece to move about a 1/4 inch. He told me to fix that and I would be all set.

Went back to the pit safety wired them no big deal, I go back and see him and says they look fine but he doesnt like the way my radiator overflow looked so he made me change that.

Back to the pits and fixed that move it up front where he wanted it. Went back down to the same tech guy and this time he said that the oil filter needed to be hose clamped on.

Went back fixed that and went back to the same guy. He told me that he didnt like the way my exhaust bolt was safety wired but he would let me "slide" on it.

Its not the fact that I had to change a bunch of crap on the bike its that I had to make 4 trips down there for him to reject me again and again. If he said you need this this and this I would have done it and been on my way.

ZX6R Case Covers?

i've never been turned away at tech....but once he let the coolant drain bolt slide (not wired, made me promise to get it done)....and another time i didn't have the bolts for my exhaust hanger (at the top) wired, and again, they made me promise to do it.

it all makes sense, they aren't there to be aggravating....they're there to keep the races as safe as they can