Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Purolator "Synthetic" Oil Filters?

New Purolator "Synthetic" Oil Filters?

So I've always been a big fan of Purolator oil filters, particularly their PL line with gold textured exterior. I just noticed on their website a blue textured filter that they are marketing as a synthetic specific oil filter. Seems like a bunch of marketing BS, but figured i'd ask on here if anyone knows anything about these things... Worth buying for the next oil change or just marketing hype to be able to charge more for the same filter in a new color?
    http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/...ilFilters.aspx

Rob

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: New Purolator "Synthetic" Oil Filters?

Hello! I work for an automotive retailer, and sell purolator filters. From what I know of them, from sales/personal use is that even a regular purolator is a nice filter. From what I gathered, the synthetic's higher capacity, 27 grams as opposed to 13g in the pure one version, should be better for longer intervals between changes, since it can hold more contaminants. That's my theory in the benefit of the upgrade, whether or not your vehicle needs that much filtering power is another story I'm sure, I'm not well versed on what the average amount of junk that comes out of a car after a particular time period would even be. Another thing to note is that the efficiency of the pure one is 99.9% and the synthetic's at 99% even according to their site, so apparently the pure one has better filtering anyway.

That said, if it's on sale, I'd try it, but I don't sell them yet, I'll let you know if I get any product specific training soon, I've got a conference coming up where I can talk to a bunch of the vendors I sell, which will include this one. If I get a chance, I'll pick the rep's brain on it.

Good Luck!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

whatevz.. science and shit.. Will these synthetic filters make my clutch slip?
    Yut ugh!

Sounds like a question for: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Cages: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Diesel, 2005 Escalade