Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

09' R6 Running like sh!t

Re: 09' R6 Running like sh!t

Update 10-23-10 (7:30pm)

Surprise Surprise again.....

I was told that the service manager would call me today, and guess what, he didn't... They were open today from 9-5 and I never got a call from him, nor anyone else at the dealership.

I was actually giving them the benefit of the doubt and I was hoping that he would actually call me, but I'm so fed up with this shit at this point.

Parkway Cycles has to be the WORST dealership experience I've ever dealt with or that I've ever heard about. I bought my bike from them, and got the best deal in the area hands down, but this service experience is a total kick in the nuts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jay
    2009 R6

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Part of GBM?

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Part of GBM?
    Not sure if they are affiliated with GMB. I know that they are sister stores with Cycles 128 and Plaistow Power Sports. Maybe I should try and get in touch with the general manager of the dealership. But at this point, the paperwork is already on its way to Yamaha....

Jay
    2009 R6

yes they are partners of GBM

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Danz19899 View Post
    yes they are partners of GBM
    Any recommendation on who I should contact? Is there a regional manager that oversees these dealers?

Jay
    2009 R6

Additional question...

What happens to any parts that I have on there (levers, lights, plate brackets, etc.)? Do I get them back? Can I buy the bike back as a lemon? Track bike???

Jay
    2009 R6

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Whatever you do, don't ever buy a ducati.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Ok I'm with you now, dealership is full of shit.

I don't think asking to buy the bike back will advance your lemon law case in the lease bit. Why the fuck would you want it if it's shit?

2008 Kawasaki Versys 650
    1972 Honda CL70

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    Why the fuck would you want it if it's shit?
    exactly. why would you want to ride a lemon bike at high speeds on a track

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    exactly. why would you want to ride a lemon bike at high speeds on a track
    I'd feel much more comfortable riding this vs. a salvage title bike where I know it was crashed. If I had the oppertunity to buy it back, I bet I would be able to fix it. At least I know the condition of the bike its entire life. Anyhow, I can't get ahead of myself...let's just see how Yamaha decides to handle this.

Jay
    2009 R6

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fastsc92 View Post
    Additional question...

What happens to any parts that I have on there (levers, lights, plate brackets, etc.)? Do I get them back? Can I buy the bike back as a lemon? Track bike???
    If you replaced them, why didn't you keep the stock pieces? You never know if you'll need them down the line.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

If you lemon law it, it is THEIR choice to either cut you a check or hand you a new machine. After that the bike is theirs to do with as they please, and I bet they won't be interested in cutting you a deal on it after being forced to take a loss on it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastsc92 View Post
    If I had the oppertunity to buy it back, I bet I would be able to fix it.
    So why didnt you just fix it instead of dropping it off at a crap dealership?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    So why didnt you just fix it instead of dropping it off at a crap dealership?
    cause I wasn't going to pay out of pocket for parts that should be under warranty. At first I thought it would be a quick fix, but it's snow-balled since then.

As far as the stock parts, I still have them, but I didn't know if they would just wisk the bike away, or if I'd have a chance to swap them back.

Last edited by Fastsc92; 10-24-10 at 01:33 PM.
    Jay
    2009 R6

Sux that it had to come to you sending a letter to Yamaha. Ask on the r6-forum, someone had Yamaha buy his back as a lemon, that was maybe last year i think with a 09 as well. You prolly cant buy it back from them if you claim it to be a lemon.

I told ya that Service dept at that stealership was $hit!!! Dont care if they gave away their bikes for purchase, but when it comes to service, they are dumber than a rock.

they tried to screw me over on my insurance claim like I told ya. It was for a theft claim and they tell the insurance guy that the bike was a "race" bike and the claim was initially denied. Damned a$$hole$

Silver Bullet Commuter fjrrider RI's Avatar

If it makes you feel any better I just went through a similar situation with Yamaha. Since I was out of warrentee date Yamaha was willing to give advise only to my dealer told me to piss off you are out of warrantee. My entire brake system pump went out and it took my dealer almost three weeks after having the bike for a week to do the service that brought on the failure. Brake system totally failed after fluid change. Took another two weeks to find the problem. If it werent for service manager taking pitty on me and finally telling me how to order a used part after three weeks, the bike would be worthless. So hang on and make yamaha pay for the full repairs don't let them off, or the lemon law if they don't. It is worth the wait!

Yamaha lover

just keep us posted on how it goes

Update 10-26-10

Well, I got on the phone with Yamaha again on Monday morning. The didn't seem to care at all that I was filing it for a lemon, and they should have received the paperwork sometime yesterday afternoon.

About 3:30pm I get a call from Parkway (finally, the first time they've called me since all this BS). They tell me that the bike is all set, and I can pick it up....

So I ask what they changed, and they tell me that they swapped in another set of coil packs. I thought they changed those weeks ago, and now suddenly it's fixed!?

So I head down after work and pick it up. It seems to be running alright. I look over the bike as best as I can in the dim light of the parking lot to make sure there are no scratches or anything else that wasn't there when I dropped it off. First pass seems alright, so I load it in the truck and head home.

When I get home I notice that one of the bolt covers on the top of the steering crown is missing. Not a huge deal, but it was there when I dropped it off. Furthermore, it looks like they tried to pop it off with a screwdriver and gouged the aluminum around it. Yes, it's not the end of the world, but when you drop off a mint bike that's complete, you expect to get it back in the same condition. Why they even needed to take that bolt off is beyond me.... Also a few scratches on the gastank that I know weren't there, but I guess I can't prove that....

So now I'm a little pissed off, so I pull the gastank and the airbox back off and inspect their work. First thing I noticed is that the wiring harness is hanging under the tank, not secured. Yamaha provided some nice little zip-ties that are re-usable, but they just cut them off on both sides, and never re-secured the harness. Then I notice the fuel vent lines are hardly even sercured. There are a few clips for the high pressure fuel line that were removed, and just sitting underneith the tank.

All these things aren't the end of the world, but it just goes to show that Parkway Cycle is horible in their service department....

So to top it all off, when I get home I take it for a quick spin. Guess what....the problem is back. Only this time it's intermittent. It's cut-out two or three times on my short drive, but since then, I can't recreate the problem. So I'm heading to Parkway this morning as soon as they open to complain.

Jay
    2009 R6

Silver Bullet Commuter fjrrider RI's Avatar

After reading that I would not let those slopy bastards touch that bike again!!!! Either get the parts you need from them free and repair it yourself or use the Lemon law and get your money back. and get another -don't shoot anybody. Where is this place- put an add up here about the yamaha service problems. This rots as yamaha makes some awsum bikes

Yamaha lover

Parkway certainly are douches, hope u get ur ugly situation resolved soon man

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

You have the right to take it to any qualified Yamaha dealership. I would definitely document what was not right with your previous repair and take it up with the store's general manager. Fuck the service manager shit, go to the top.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    You have the right to take it to any qualified Yamaha dealership. I would definitely document what was not right with your previous repair and take it up with the store's general manager. Fuck the service manager shit, go to the top.
    Trying to find the contact info for the general manager.... Physically going down there doesn't work with my schedule.

What I'm confused about is why they even needed to take off the cap on the crown in the first place. I figured maybe they were using it as a ground, but seems like a poor choice for that. The service order says that they swapped out the stop switch, starter cut out relay and clutch switch. I don't believe that any of those items required taking off the left clip-on. Besides, they would have to take off the upper steering crown in order to get the bars off anyways....

Last edited by Fastsc92; 10-26-10 at 05:36 PM.
    Jay
    2009 R6

Banned

They probably tried swapping the ignition switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

They probably tried swapping the ignition switch.
    After looking at the bike, it looks like they took that bolt out so that they could rotate the clip-on on the fork to gain better access to the clutch switch. Seemed unnessary though... Anyhow, how do any of those parts relate to an engine down a cylinder? It's not like the bike wasn't running or cutting out all together...

Jay
    2009 R6

Banned

Some ecu's will retard the ignition when the clutch is pulled in in order to make starting the bike easier on the starter motor. If the switch is broken, the bike could run with the ignition off all the time. Racers have found his out the hard way after cheating clutch switches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast