Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

09' R6 Running like sh!t

Re: 09' R6 Running like sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Some ecu's will retard the ignition when the clutch is pulled in in order to make starting the bike easier on the starter motor. If the switch is broken, the bike could run with the ignition off all the time. Racers have found his out the hard way after cheating clutch switches.
    Good info to know...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jay
    2009 R6

I would say take all your aftermakret parts off now that you have the chance
    and do not bring it back to that place is my recommendation =p

I agree, remove all aftermarket parts, install stock parts.

Reminder to all, never take your rides for service at that stealership!!!

I got the bike at home now and I'm looking at it myself. I would never have brought it to the dealer in the first place, but I didn't want to pay out of pocket for parts. It was cutting out the other night intermittently, but I can't get it to do it again. I'm going to tripple check everything tomorrow night and get some good miles on it Saturday and go from there.

I wouldn't mind bringing it to a dealership that is competent and takes pride in their work. Parkway Cycle on the other hand are the most careless people I've ever dealt with....

As a side note, I didn't even want to deal with arguring with them about the scratches and shit condition I got the bike back in, so I ordered the missing bolt cap from Riverside and I'll be tieing up all the loose ends myself. I guess you can say that I gave in, but I've had enough arguing with them...my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Yamaha did call me today to follow-up and I'm sure they also called in response to the lemon law papers they received. I'll give them a call tomorrow and give an update.

Jay
    2009 R6

update???
    I am curious

Quote Originally Posted by OC_R6 View Post
    update???
    I am curious
    Went over the bike in detail last weekend. Tied up their loose ends, literally.. There was some loose hardward here and there, missing clips, missing cable conduit and hanging wires. One of the spark plugs was hardly even seated fully. I brought it back to factory specs as best as I could. I took it for a ride the following day, put about 70 miles on it. I rode it has hard as I could on the street. I couldn't get it to cut out again.

As of right now, it's sitting in my garage, and I'll prob. get one or two more rides on it before I put it away for the winter. I'm in the process of putting on an exhaust and mounting some track plastics.

As pissed as I am with the whole situation, I got the bike back, and it's in running condition. I'm not sure how much more I can pursure this through Yamaha. They called for a status update after they got all the lemon law paperwork, but at that point, I just received it in running condtion. They noted the complaint on file, and if any other problem from this point on arises, I informed them that I would imediately re-file for a lemon. I hope it doesn't get to that point.

As for Parkway...What's scary is that they took another 09 R6 off the showroom floor and swapped at least 15 parts from that bike into mine as a last chance to figure it out. Now that "new" showroom bike has been ripped apart and contains some of my used parts in it. And they'll turn around and sell that bike as "New". That's bullshit. Parkway are a bunch of incompetent, dishonest and sneaky bastards. I recommend people to NEVER do any type of business with them. Please spread the word to others about this if possible. Friends don't like friends go to Parkway Cycle.........

Last edited by Fastsc92; 11-05-10 at 06:21 AM.
    Jay
    2009 R6

glad u got it running again. Let me know if you need any help mounting track plastics etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fastsc92 View Post
    As for Parkway...What's scary is that they took another 09 R6 off the showroom floor and swapped at least 15 parts from that bike into mine as a last chance to figure it out. Now that "new" showroom bike has been ripped apart and contains some of my used parts in it. And they'll turn around and sell that bike as "New". That's bullshit. Parkway are a bunch of incompetent, dishonest and sneaky bastards. I recommend people to NEVER do any type of business with them. Please spread the word to others about this if possible. Friends don't like friends go to Parkway Cycle.........
    I know you're probably fed up with dealing with this, but you should submit this info to the BBB, hell, maybe even Fox news (I forget the consumer advocate woman's name). Shady stuff like that needs to be known by all.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    I know you're probably fed up with dealing with this, but you should submit this info to the BBB, hell, maybe even Fox news (I forget the consumer advocate woman's name). Shady stuff like that needs to be known by all.
    My dad did this when the he could prove the smucks at Valvoline "forgot" to put oil in his suv when he went to get a change done... They bought him a new engine.

Hey man. I came and talked to ya a couple times at the track when you were wrenching on it(Alex) I was wondering what was gonna become of that. Sorry to hear the story. I gotta say though that whole group of dealers(cycles, bms, plaistow and parkway) is complete shit. I've dealt with bms, easiest of them simply because i did a straight trade for a leftover they had, and that was my best encounter, which wasn't even that great. Cycles 128 on the other hand, f'd me a few times with a bike, parts, AND service. Avoid that whole group altogether. Btw, have you seen the price tags they dare to put in their shitty beat up "used" inventory? It's outrageous. Best of luck from here out. :-)

I can't complain about the price I got the bike for from Parkway, but their service blows.

Anyhow, since then, I just got so fed up with them that I tried to just drop the topic from my mind. I got the bike back, it's running and I don't even want to argue with them over shit at this point.

I recently stripped all the bodywork off the bike while fitting some track plastics and have noticed another 5-6 items that they removed and never replaced (clips, grommets, spacers). Some of the items I have no clue why they even removed in the first place.... For example, they removed both mirrors, lost some of the spacers and one rubber grommet that cushions the windscreen. With the ammout of work they performed, I see no reason why those items needed to come off. There is a heafty tool scratch accross the inside corner of the windscreen and some other scuffs here and there that I KNOW were not present when I dropped it off. This bike was flawless, and I tried to keep it that way, but the asshats working at Parkway can go fist themselves....

Jay
    2009 R6

Well if you're gonna use the bike for track days, it'll probably be flawed sooner or later ;-) I can contest to the condition of this bike though the thing was pristine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123