Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am the God of false neutrals!

Re: I am the God of false neutrals!

Took mine off after a similar scenario going into 6

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Since the shift pedal is now where I feel comfortable with it, for shifting both up and down, I didn't take into account that when the pedal position is changed, the position of linear arm on the quick shifter also changes. It was clicking to disengage with the slightest movement of the pedal. I think this is why it was popping out on the front straight.

So, I moved unscrewed the shaft coming out of the quick shifter a little at the ball joint, in order to push the rod slightly into the quick shifter. Now, it takes a 1/2" depression of the shift pedal until I hear the quick shifter click.

I won't know until the next time I try using it.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Coming back to this, since I've finally had a chance to ride the bike after I made an adjustment. It's still doing the same thing, so I checked out the DynoJet site and saw this video on troubleshooting quick shifter switches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdBm-EjCo

In the video, his switch stays closed t he entire time that he's pressing on the shift lever. On mine, it only closes for a fraction of a second, then opens again. Is this behavior normal? Or could there be something wrong w/ the switch?

In any event, I've removed the switch and have ordered a push-type pressure switch, as I've heard they're less picky and more reliable. I'll have to wait until I get the switch in, to order a new, shorter shift rod, since the switch installs inline on the rod.

If anyone's interested, I only paid $95, shopped for the new switch, which retails at $220 for the type for the PCIII USB. http://cycleplicity.com/products/897...ckId=941505584

Last edited by The Snowman; 06-11-14 at 06:34 PM.
    |

Just an FYI, what was advertised as a quick shifter switch on Cycleplicity's site turned out to be a mis-marked jet kit. The part numbers are similar. The quick shitfer switch is part number 4-102 and the jet kit 4102.002. I'm still waiting on Cycleplicity to refund my card (I hear they're a bitch to deal with.)

However, I did finally find the pressure switch for under $200, shipped. Any switch, any type, PCIII USB or PCV, $186.95, shipped.

http://www.discount-moto-direct.com/...shifter+sensor

|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12