Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Argh..

Lifer

Argh..

Dumb question...

Tonight I changed my oil. I hate plastic now. It took me 20 minutes to change the oil and like 2 hours to remove and re-install the plastic. (Oh well next time it'll be quick)

There was something in the NEW oil. A flake of metal or something. I saw it right as it went down the funnel.

It should just get caught by the oil filter right?

I gave up on changing the filter. I bought the tool today but I couldn't fit a ratchet/wrench whatever in to turn it. I can't figure out how the FUCK to get it off. Both the headers AND the coolant pipe cross right in front of it. And it looks like the water pump is right next to it on one side too! I tried using one of the loop type tools as well, it wouldn't fit in either. So I guess the filter will just get changed by the dealer at the required intervals.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Argh..

Hmm that's weird. What kind of bike? It takes me about 1/2 tops to change mine including removing plastic and re-installing it as well (ZX7R).

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

Lifer

Argh..

02 Honda VFR.

Now that I figured it out it won't take me long to get the plastic off/on again. It takes 3 clips + about 10 screws to get each side off.

I'm more concerned about that freaking flake in the oil. I'm going to change it again before I ride it and see if it comes out.

Ben

Banned

Argh..

I don't believe that a metal flake can be in NEW oil, I just can't believe that could happen. Could it have been a piece of the foil seal on the bottle top? I would still want it out of there anyway although the filter should catch it or it will sink to the botton of the sump and catch in the oil pickup gauze filter.

derek

Lifer

Argh..

I got the right tools and changed the filter today. Wasted the oil I put in friday but whatever.

I learned my lesson. No bike work friday night when I'm tired.

It was probably foil from the bottle.

Ben