Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Battery charging: Method for saving batteries albeit a tad dangerous

Battery charging: Method for saving batteries albeit a tad dangerous

Like many of you I find I go through bike batteries every two years or so. With as many mikes as I own that can and does get expensive. However, I found a not so new method of charging these lead acid batteries that has the ability to bring otherwise once thought total loss batteries back from the grave. Does not matter the voltage or the capacity or the type. It can be adjusted to work on all of them.

They call it "capacitive charging". Do a Google search and take a look on YouTube. You will find any number of articles and videos about this. I made one out of junked parts in a few minutes. It saved a $60 10amp, lead acid I was sure was dead. No amount of charging on my expensive microprocessor-equipped bike charger would do a thing. I have since used it several more times with excellent results. Had I had this device years ago I could have saved myself hundreds of $$.

Battery charging:  Method for saving batteries albeit a tad dangerous-charger-jpg

One side note. This device can kill you if not used correctly. Hence, the reason it is not sold commercially. It is not dangerous if you keep your head out of your ass and use it correctly. Also, lead acid batteries under heavy charge will vent hydrogen gas. Do this outside.

Just be darn careful with it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laterider; 09-25-16 at 07:28 AM.