Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

bike dyno

bike dyno

I would like to get my bike to dyno, smooth out the loose ends and give a tad more hp+t. does anyone know where I might find a reputable place?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

dyno thy bike...

I'm not sure exactly where you live, (your location says "mass") but I took my bike to a place in Northboro, route 9 west. It's about 10-15 mins from Worcester. It's called Harry's Machined Parts and they do all sorts of bike repairs, tune ups, and performance mods for all kinds of bikes. After I broke in my Ninja, I wanted to get an idea of what sort of dyno numbers I was dealing with so that I may upgrade in the future. It cost $50 to dyno the bike (did 3 runs) and the guy gave me a printout of HP, torque, and air/fuel ratio. He seemed very knowledgeable and gave me some pointers for performance mods and general make-it-run-better stuff. If you want, give them a call at 508-366-1455.

I've also been to "Bike Night" up at the Heritage Ice Cream shop in Dracut, MA and a couple of times I've seen a dyno there with a LONG line of people getting runs. Not sure on the price (if any)...

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

bike dyno

Hey Chris, Tony at the "Pit Stop" has a dyno and I get along fine with him...... All thou you may have fun tuning that 600 with the 750 mapping that you have.

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

bike dyno

Thanks guys for the info, hey jimmy as a mater of fact I just got it back from tony's. I had progressive rate springs put in front and rear, as for a dyno - I had him do it last time and he didn't even bring it to red line. he stopped at 11000.

bike dyno

I am interested in taking my bike to a dyno as well. I am in N. worcester county.... are thee any places that would be close to me?

Re: dyno thy bike...

Originally posted by Aprikot
    I'm not sure exactly where you live, (your location says "mass") but I took my bike to a place in Northboro, route 9 west. It's about 10-15 mins from Worcester. It's called Harry's Machined Parts and they do all sorts of bike repairs, tune ups, and performance mods for all kinds of bikes. After I broke in my Ninja, I wanted to get an idea of what sort of dyno numbers I was dealing with so that I may upgrade in the future. It cost $50 to dyno the bike (did 3 runs) and the guy gave me a printout of HP, torque, and air/fuel ratio. He seemed very knowledgeable and gave me some pointers for performance mods and general make-it-run-better stuff. If you want, give them a call at 508-366-1455.

I've also been to "Bike Night" up at the Heritage Ice Cream shop in Dracut, MA and a couple of times I've seen a dyno there with a LONG line of people getting runs. Not sure on the price (if any)...

That dyno is also a 250 model Eddy current.....accurate piece. Rick Stetson did cyl. head work on my motor. I wonder if that is a promo price he's running because he's not typically that cheap.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

bike dyno

the hp and torque lines are telling but the EGA is even more important IMHO.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000