Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

brake questions

Re: brake questions

Yup, we've actually used Maine's law against Apple here at work. Now, that said, at most all Brembo would be required to do is 'make it right' which would mean replacing it or repairing it in house is a valid option legally. Still no obligation to provide parts to the end user. The other fun bit is the implied warranty in this case wouldn't be with the MFG, but the retailer who sold you the master...

(Also, if used for racing, all implied/etc warranties are right out, Maine consumer goods laws won't help you there.)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Yup, we've actually used Maine's law against Apple here at work. Now, that said, at most all Brembo would be required to do is 'make it right' which would mean replacing it or repairing it in house is a valid option legally. Still no obligation to provide parts to the end user. The other fun bit is the implied warranty in this case wouldn't be with the MFG, but the retailer who sold you the master...

(Also, if used for racing, all implied/etc warranties are right out, Maine consumer goods laws won't help you there.)
    Yeah, when I was at Bowdoin we used it a couple times, but I honestly can't remember against whom or for what.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Yeah, I figured that it's probably not something that's in that Act. But it smacks of anti-trust to me that you can't order parts at all and your only option is send it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild.
    That has exactly nothing to do with a "trust". If a group of manufacturers got together and agreed that none of them would provide rebuild parts, so that they wouldn't have to compete with companies that do offer them, THAT is a trust. One or two companies deciding on their own not to offer the rebuild parts is neither illegal nor unethical. You, as the consumer, can decide whether to buy from those companies, or to support a company that sells you what you prefer.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    That has exactly nothing to do with a "trust". If a group of manufacturers got together and agreed that none of them would provide rebuild parts, so that they wouldn't have to compete with companies that do offer them, THAT is a trust. One or two companies deciding on their own not to offer the rebuild parts is neither illegal nor unethical. You, as the consumer, can decide whether to buy from those companies, or to support a company that sells you what you prefer.

PhilB
    brb, driving myself to the burns unit

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12