Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Carb help in Chelmsford

Carb help in Chelmsford

Having issues on my friends '87 CBR600, we yanked the carbs off and cleaned the jets only, after reassembling the bike isn't running smoothly anymore. Bogging on the throttle and just generally dying after giving it some gas. Anyone have any insight? The bike is fairly old so it's kinda a new experience for me, any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Carb help in Chelmsford

Quote Originally Posted by FZR View Post
    Having issues on my friends '87 CBR600, we yanked the carbs off and cleaned the jets only, after reassembling the bike isn't running smoothly anymore. Bogging on the throttle and just generally dying after giving it some gas. Anyone have any insight? The bike is fairly old so it's kinda a new experience for me, any help is greatly appreciated!
    I had a similar issue fixing a buddies carbs on an 95 gxr it turned out his float bowl was going and the cab cleaner i sprained finished ruining it. I would suggest taking the carbs back out and giving them a thorough look over. Make sure nothing got unseated when you worked on them. And make sure you properly adjust the fuel to air mixture ratio. Maybe not your issue, but thats not a bad place to start.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZR View Post
    Did you sync the carbs when you were done? You need to do that if you even look at the carbs on most bikes. My thoughts are someone might have turned a fuel mixture screw by accident?

ah yea, i need to get a sync tool, but I think the problem was we had too many hands working on a small part without coordinating with each other, someone messed with the idle air screws. Problem should be sorted out by tonight! thanks for the insight guys