Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Changing the chain on a 07 R6

Changing the chain on a 07 R6

I changed my chain on my r6 the other day and had some trouble putting everything back together. The chain seemed to be less than a link short and i had the tire moved all the way forward. I went by what vortex had recommend for my set up. 114 chain with 15front and whatever 2 up in the rear is. I get everything back together and the chain is extremely tight. I had a similar set up prior but one up in the back instead of 2 up. For the difference in one tooth up vortex still recommended the same length chain. I know this chain will loosen quit a bit since i had the same chain on and i had to move the rear tire a ways forward to to put the chain on. Its pretty tight almost binding. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or am i just worrying to much or was I taught how to change the chain wrong. I just wanna make sure the bike is able to pass tech when i get to my track day on the 26th.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Something is wrong for sure. I wouldn't ride it with a chain that is that tight with the wheel all the way forward.

Last edited by Degsy; 07-17-11 at 08:39 AM.

Re: Changing the chain on a 07 R6

nothing is in the way i feel like the chain is a lil short. the wheel spins just not very well freely.

Did you line up the new and old chains side by side? Only way to ensure it's the same length.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Your new chain is too short, I wouldn't ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Something is wrong for sure. I wouldn't ride it with a chain that is that tight with the wheel all the way forward.
    what he said... is the wheel all the way up? I'm guessing not. (Did you thread in the allen screws on the back of the swingarm all the way).

Wheel is all the way up and the thing doesnt spin freely.. good thing im doing my girls chain too so maybe my chain will fit on hers since she is doing stock gearing and vortex recomends the same size chain. I bought em long I'll just need a new master link hopefully someone has them in stock locally.