Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

Does anyone make one anymore? I used to have an old Heathkit EGA that was more than suitable for MC work... Lesson learned, don't put the collection tube back or the unit back in the case when its hot

Don't need no stinking fancy 5 gas models since we don't have cats on the bike...

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

Come on... 3 reads? Noone else has ever lusted for a nice simple 2 gas exhaust gas analyzer? The HeathKit one was awesome for tuning up all sorts of vehicles...

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

I don't know about an EGA kit specifically, but have you thought about putting a bung in the pipe and using an O2 sensor from there. The two wire ones simply put out a voltage signal based on the O2 levels in the gas. Some research on the O2 sensor can give you the voltage curve. Hook this up to a multimeter with recording capability and you can get data logging in actual conditions. I Hope this helps. Good Luck...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

Originally posted by hohum
    Come on... 3 reads? Noone else has ever lusted for a nice simple 2 gas exhaust gas analyzer? The HeathKit one was awesome for tuning up all sorts of vehicles...

Cheers,
    Chris

How much $$$$?

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

I know they sell them now, but they aren't cheap....
    portable ones are cool....can collect real time while underway.

Cheap 2 Gas EGA?

Yeah, the best one I have been able to find that is of the shade tree mecahnics level of quality is the Gunson 5 gas EGA that you can buy for about $150... Its quite a capable unit, but for such a simple tool I was hoping someone still made the analog old school 2 gas EGAs... What can I say, I'm a cheap bastard with no need for a fancier digital 5 gas EGA... After all, all I really want to know is relative levels of CO and hydrocarbons...

I got my HeathKit EGA for $40 on ebay years ago, theres a few of those on ebay now, but for more money than I'd like to pay for a kit I have to assemble, but those kits are now "antique collectibles"...

Cheers,
    Chris

i got a old

1 that some 1 gave me years ago
    it even works

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.