Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anyone have a coolant pressure tester?

Lifer

Anyone have a coolant pressure tester?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying a pressure tester, I haven't had much luck trying to rent one... (talked to Autozone and Pep-Boys so far)

Just curious if there is the off chance someone has one that I could borrow before I go buy one..

I'm pretty damn sure I corrected the 2 leaks I worked on, but I think there is/was a third leak that I missed.. I'm going to replace my radiator cap since that is cheap, after that I figure I need to suck it up and do a pressure test. (Keeping my fingers crossed it is not the radiator of course) I have a pretty strong feeling this one is outside of the frame so if I can find it then it won't be too painful to fix. Not that I care at this point, I'm not worried about tearing the bike apart now.

The ones I was looking at were the Harbor Freight (U.S. General) and the Craftsman ones.. neither is terribly expensive and they look like they have a decent chance of having the right adapter. I can't seem to find much feedback on either of them though. (I can't seem to find any info on bike radiator cap sizes)

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by benVFR; 06-09-10 at 09:43 AM.

Lifer

Re: Anyone have a coolant pressure tester?

Woot.. found one at an Autozone.. it didn't have the right adapter to hook up to the coolant fill on my bike, but it did have the right adapter to test the radiator cap. And it was the radiator cap... I had picked up a new cap with the tester... pretty confident it's sealed up tight now! Time to ride...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!