Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Drill Press Recommendations?

Drill Press Recommendations?

Looking to drill out bunch of nuts and bolts for another race bike except this one is getting converted from street, so no existing holes. Any recommendations? Heard you need at least 3000rpm. Can I use WD40 as substitute for cutting oil? I've tried the table vise/dremel method and would rather spend the money and get a nice clean hole. I know I set myself up, but please no sexual replies from that last sentence.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Drill Press Recommendations?

What you really need IMHO is an X-Y table, a decent vise and spotting drills or endmills to start your holes.

1. A drill press with a vise that you can't easily and accurately position for the different bolts is not a great setup.

2. You're also going to need spotting drills to start your regular drill bits at odd angles. Combined countersink/center drills work fine and are cheap.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!