Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

dead PC3?

dead PC3?

searched those terms but getting too many results, so I figured I'd ask: anyone ever had a Power Commander crap out?

I was doing some maintenance on the bike over the winter, buttoned it up so I can ride tomorrow, went to fire it up but it wasn't cooperating, almost got it running on 1 cylinder, but it wouldn't stay running past few seconds, had no problems last time I rode it few weeks ago. Wasn't sure if it was something I did or ?? Checked everything I touched then unplugged PC3 and reconnected all the wires completely eliminating it, bike fired right up! (PC3 was installed before I even got the bike, never had any problems with it)

Tomorrow forecast is 50's and I want to ride, don't want to spend all day testing this so I got it all buttoned up with PC completely eliminated, pretty sure it was the cause, just wanted to check if anyone had similar problem, or I will be tempted to plug it all back in again and test it....

BTW, bike is 2007 Tuono (Rotax twin)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Re: dead PC3?

Yep. They aren't that reliable. They NEED a dedicated ground, right to the batteries -ve if possible, also. Sometimes they just lose their map and need it reloaded. I have seen at least 5 or 6 that have just crapped out and bike won't run.

Banned

Adrenaline cycle are your closest dynojet dealer. Not much they can do to test it, though. They work or they don't really.

Yep, grounded to the battery, ran fine a month ago and then it didn't...

Think I may have found a problem: pins on one of the injector plugs pulled out when I tried to sneak the PC harness out, wonder it that was a an original problem, but I didn't go near the injectors, replaced top triple clamp and fuel filter inside the tank, gonna plug it back in and test it... if I have time

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Yep. They aren't that reliable. They NEED a dedicated ground, right to the batteries -ve if possible, also. Sometimes they just lose their map and need it reloaded. I have seen at least 5 or 6 that have just crapped out and bike won't run.
    you know... I havent looked at my RC51 since it died on me last fall, I wonder if its the PC3....

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    you know... I havent looked at my RC51 since it died on me last fall, I wonder if its the PC3....
    don't look, just sell me the bike, CHEAP