Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Dunk tuning?

Dunk tuning?

I recently put a LeoVince carbon slip on on my 06 gsxr750, k&n filter, iridium plugs, and a pc3. Dynojet only has a map for "european model gsxr750" with that pipe. I don't know what the he'll the difference is between theirs and the US? Up here in Maine they want $275 for a dynojet tune, and I don't really want to start burning holes in pistons, or bring my mpg down to like 15. Any help would be great!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Dunk tuning?

Get it mapped, you paid for the Power Commander, you might as well get the most out of it you can right?

Ya I was just hoping that moto milano was a little expensive, maybe somewhere is cheaper? Recently lost my job and can't see dumping 275 into a couple dynojet runs

It takes a good amount of time to map a bike properly, not to mention the wear and tear on the poor dyno operator stuck in there doing the job, sucking up exhaust fumes, dealing with the heat and noise, etc. That's why the estimated cost is up there. Most places will typically give you a break on a full map if you buy the PC there also, similar to tire mounting.

That said, yeah, if you're out of work, that's a big pill to swallow. Try the European map, see how it runs. Worst case you go back to the default map if you don't like it. Just a slipon isn't going to cause you to melt pistons, so you'll be ok for now even with a slightly off map, you just won't have the throttle response or smoothness a dialed in map can give.

Yea, you will be fine without the Dyno...It helps but you wont dammage the motor at all....I ran a slipon for 5k and had no issues

Thanks

there's a dyno shop in NH that ran $100 tuning specials end of last season. keep an eye out for threads in a few months. i waited like you did for a special price to get my gixxer tuned.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Question Re: Dunk tuning?

I need to update some information because something stupid just happened to me and Im having trouble figuring out why. I just pulled up next to my buddy at a red light in his car, and he started revving, so i of course shut him up with a quick bounce off 12k. My bike was in neutral, and I fired in the "European model Gixxer" map for my pipe and filter. So it starts coming down from the revvs, and shuts off. Have to apply a little throttle to keep it running, then take off. By the next red light its idling fine. My temp was right around 200 when this happened. Any input on wtf i should check would be good. I was under the impression these bikes were very hard to flood.... thanks.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

happened to me the other day, bad gas I recon, started it up and rode it 50 feet and it sputtered and died. Then I started it again and held it at 6k rpms and let it sit, and it was fine.