Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Dunlop Qualifers date code?

Dunlop Qualifers date code?

Got a pair of Dunlop Qualifers which are OEM off 09 R6. I believe date code is "9AEM5107". If it is the date code then it would be May 2007. What is the "9AEM" part stand for?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Dunlop Qualifers date code?

51 is the week, 07 is the year, if I remember right... so your tires would have been manufactured in late December of 07.

oh yeah, I mean to count the week not days. anyways, is that the date code on it?? I'm a bit confused because of the "9AEM" part which leads me to believe that could not be the date code at all.

[QUOTE=kumpy;1282360 I'm a bit confused because of the "9AEM" part which leads me to believe that could not be the date code at all.[/QUOTE]

If it's not too much trouble, post a picture that includes the whole string of characters after DOT.
    Tires sit in warehouses for years, Dec '07 manufacture and installed in '08 on an early production '09 bike is well within reason. Now get some newer tires that aren't OEM banana skins!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

date codes on dunlops are usually by themselves in a little oval. that doesnt mean that the 5107 isnt the date code on yours

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    If it's not too much trouble, post a picture that includes the whole string of characters after DOT.
    Tires sit in warehouses for years, Dec '07 manufacture and installed in '08 on an early production '09 bike is well within reason. Now get some newer tires that aren't OEM banana skins!
    I have a set of slicks, 2008's Battlax. They were raced once and are visually in VGC. Is there a shelf life with the racing rubber compound? Should I replace them or just wrap them in Chichen Hawks, heat and go? I have been Track Day/Racing on Power One CT's

Last edited by MikeBike; 06-02-13 at 06:10 AM.