Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Electrical connectors sources

Electrical connectors sources - Japanese

In the past I’ve ordered the oddball Japanese electrical connectors needed for accessories from Eastern Beaver, a Canadian living in Japan. He made some special harnesses for Bikes like VStrom (a relay so the starter switch didn’t burn out, and one to shut off one headlight so you could run a toaster) and has all the widgets. Super helpful guy.

https://www.easternbeaver.com/

But for my wife’s CB500F I needed a particular connector as the harness I was using from the CB500X is different from the accessory terminal on the F.

The owner of Cycle Terminal Joe Scavone identified the connector needed from a not very good picture, and sent it out next day. Also ordered the terminal tool to extract the terminals as couldn’t find anything small enough to work.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/motorcycle-connectors.html

And he has a guide to removing terminals that’s very useful.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/termina...procedure.html

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 04-19-18 at 09:13 AM.

Lifer

Re: Electrical connectors sources

Been down this road recently myself. I bought a Harley touring bike. On the upside the bike is wired for everything I could possibly imagine and more. Downside is the Harley branded accessories are priced with.. quite a markup. Naturally, I don't want the Harley branded Garmin unit as I already own one, so here I am faced with the age old decision of hack 'n slash DIY wiring.. or finding compatible connectors. I bought a HD maintenance manual used on the bay of fleas, it came with a second electrical diagnostics manual. I have to say Harley does documentation well! Everything is well documented, including how to dismantle and re-assemble every connector on the bike. Tons of illustrations and a lengthy cross-reference of where every connector on every model is located. Blows away anything I've seen from any of the Japanese makes.

I just ordered a pile of connectors, pins, seals and such straight from Digi-Key. My parts order totaled ~$10 and shipped USPS first-class for $4. Ordered Wednesday night and expect it Saturday. Not bad. Much better experience for the low-quantity individual than I remember in years past. Downside with this source is you have to know exactly what parts you're looking for and/or have an engineers patience for tracking down connector BOMs, cross referencing part numbers, and such.

Interestingly enough I've found the Deutsch DT/Amphenol AT connectors that Harley uses everywhere on Amazon with prime shipping. I had to go to Digi-Key for the less common Molex MX150 plugs.

I found 10x 25' lengths of automotive grade coper wire for ~$30. Quality stuff that is rated to >200-F and fuel/solvent friendly. I think I have my 16-AWG needs covered for a while.

Also found wirecare.com and delcity.net, which look interesting for some items. No experience yet though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

High maintenance priss

I've done business w/ cycleterminal before. Great resource if building a custom harness. Good people.

If you can figure out the name of the connector, Digikey or Mouser will likely have it.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Been looking for a solid source here. I have a big box of generic connectors I used to wire up a SS182 speedo on the SV (Koso RX2n knockoff). Work fine, very cheap, but not waterproof or very rugged.

Now I'm needing a 3-prong headlight connector to replace the solder job on the GS500F headlight I wired up. Not sure where to look.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Been looking for a solid source here. I have a big box of generic connectors I used to wire up a SS182 speedo on the SV (Koso RX2n knockoff). Work fine, very cheap, but not waterproof or very rugged.

Now I'm needing a 3-prong headlight connector to replace the solder job on the GS500F headlight I wired up. Not sure where to look.
    http://www.cycleterminal.com/headlight-connectors.html

Re: Electrical connectors sources - Japanese

thanks for posting that link, I've been there before, but didn't bookmark it I'm gonna be building my own auxiliary harness and want to integrate without hacking or using wire taps

I already have a Eastern Beaver headlight relay, but I think I will sell it and get his 3 circuit setup that will help in my auxiliary charging system integration

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON