Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Electrical question...

Lifer

Electrical question...

Hey... question for the people who are knowledgable on electrical matters.

I'm going to tap into something today to wire up my V1 into the ignition system.

My first thought was to tap into the power line that goes between the ignition switch and the kill switch... so the power to accessories would come on when the ignition switch was turned on.

However... Honda has sealed up all the wiring very well to prevent water from coming in. I will have to cut through the weatherproofing to do so.

I am noticing there are wires for the headlights and front signals that are more easily accessible that I can tap into.

Just curious if it would be bad to tap into these wires due to the high wattage of the lights, etc.. the radar detector has a 1A fuse in it's wiring, the signal lights are on a 10A fuse and the headlights are on a 20A fuse.

Not exactly sure what kind of failure situations I'd get here. I want to make sure that if the radar detctor failed it wouldn't cause any other serious problems in the system. (Which I guess makes this sound better than wiring it into the ignition)

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Electrical question...

I wired mine straight to the battery and simply switched it on when I needed it.

derek

Lifer

Electrical question...

Damnit...

The V1 came with a little "tap" thing that clamps onto a wire.

It is not getting a good connection. I'm going to have to solder it in the morning or something.

Ben

Everybody to the limit!

Electrical question...

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    Kawi was nice enough to provide the 7R with fused aux. leads such that all I had to do was plug + to + - to - .
    Is that what that pigtail of circular connectors is about a foot from the battery?

I spent a good hour one time trying to figure out what was "unplugged" on my bike thanks to those

Electrical question...

Just run power from the battery. If you want it to come on/off automagically buy a relay and you can splice in to headlight wires to control the switch.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"