Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What are your experiences with Southern NH Yamaha Dealer Service skill level

What are your experiences with Southern NH Yamaha Dealer Service skill level

From the interwebs it looks like my '15 R1 is impacted by the transmission recall. The repair involves removing the engine and splitting the cases. I'm interested in your experiences with the Yamaha dealerships service departments in southern NH relative to doing a job such as this. I bought the bike from MOMs so will likely get contacted by them first and they've been okay with small stuff.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Aprilia Pilot; 12-05-15 at 08:29 AM.

Re: What are your experiences with Southern NH Yamaha Dealer Service skill level

I can't say for southern New Hampshire, but I got my '15 R1 from Razees is RI, and it's the only dealer that I would trust to perform a task this technical. My guess is they will be very busy with this recall though, as they are also contracted from Yamaha to do recall/warranty work for other dealers in the area.

Last I read, the decision was not made if it was a complete engine swap, or split the cases and replace 2nd and 4rth gears?

Yamaha

Re: What are your experiences with Southern NH Yamaha Dealer Service skill level

There were instruction sheets posted from Yamaha that detailed splitting the cases. Unless they change course it's looking like they're having the dealers change the gears.

Only dealerships that I have had any dealings with that work Yamahas is Rochester Motorsports. I haven't heard exactly what there record is for yamaha's but ive never had major work done there.

Is it a case where the recall work has to be done by a certified Yamaha dealer or can you pick the parts up and give them to a dealer better versed in motorcycle engine repair???

Quote Originally Posted by Viper897 View Post
    Can you pick the parts up and give them to a dealer better versed in motorcycle engine repair???
    The Harley dealer?

Nope Rochester Motorsports. They are a Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki dealer. I bought my Gen 2 SV from them.

Just figured I would throw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper897 View Post
    Nope Rochester Motorsports. They are a Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki dealer. .
    Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, Kymco, Victory, Slingshot and Honda Power Equipment

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Check out Billerica Yamaha Massachusetts Yamaha Motorcycle ATV Dealer, Billerica Motorsports & Marine, Sea-Doo Ski-Doo Snowmobile Watercraft, Scarab jet Boat, trailer

The service manager Joe Picardi has got to be one of the most experienced mechanic-technicians in the region, I knew him decades ago at the old Boston Yamaha. He's a racer, flattrack/short track.

Last edited by whynot; 12-12-15 at 10:06 AM.
    And don't believe everything you think.